MFK FORUMS R GREAT!! but the saltwater forums.......

jloos1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
canton, MI
isnt this site made for freshwater hobbyists? or no? in a business sense, moving towards a freshwater fish forum is great target marketing because its something like 93% of fishkeepers are fresh and the other is saltwater, so its only smart to target the largest market...

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
jloos1988;1617530; said:
isnt this site made for freshwater hobbyists? or no? in a business sense, moving towards a freshwater fish forum is great target marketing because its something like 93% of fishkeepers are fresh and the other is saltwater, so its only smart to target the largest market...
I think thats a little unfair on the saltwater keepers on the site....Its targetted as a community....

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
I dont think fair comes into it. Its whatever the majority want and whats good for the site. Which isnt a useless expanded SW section. Its totally fine how it is.

Grendel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
Muscat - currently!
You guys (& gals) have my vote....

Need more attention to SW on ]\/[fk....

------------

Diving with big lionfish in Mussandam, off Oman last weekend (plus a couple of black tip reef sharks & big schools of 5 to 6ft barracudas) - going back this weekend for more (need to buy an underwater camera!)

xxt2goodxx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2005
www.myspace.com
on the saltwater forums i've been on i havent seen freshwater stuff so i think MFK is doing great cause its mainly fresh but incorporated some marine

cichlidman1888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Mansfield , Ohio
i do agree with all of you guys .. but have you noticed if you put a new thread in the appropriate subforum , lets say essential equipment. people rarely reply back or even look at the post, the general salt subforum is the main forum people look at , i have posted my threads in the appropriate subforums and to this day some of my threads are still unanswered or people just dont even post in them that much. What is going on with MFK in the SW forum , i know i havnt been a member as long as others but 2 years i think is enough to see how the SW forum is kind of dying, i got on yesterday to see what people have posted and there were only 4 people that posted and that was at 5pm i was like come on this used to be a bangin site ???
just to let everyone know, you guys are great, you help me out alot i would not be able to have a successful SW tank with out you guys!!!

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
This forum, the same as any other forum which is predominantly one type of keeper, FW in MFK case, is always going to have slower area's of the forum, in this case SW....Over on AC, our Marine Products and DIY was dying a death....however, it was concentrated on by us staff, and we have turned it around and its getting active again now..this is really the same here...the more the members use a perticular area, the more traffic is going to be generated...

Its down to members really to make sections active and not really rely on the staff to move threads to area's to raise traffic...Get some good meaty threads going...get the community involved in discussing them...

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
Reefscape;1635535; said:
...the more the members use a perticular area, the more traffic is going to be generated...

Its down to members really to make sections active and not really rely on the staff to move threads to area's to raise traffic...Get some good meaty threads going...get the community involved in discussing them...
Exactly. As ppl have already said (including some saying we need more strangely) some of the SW sections here are already dieing, adding more will only make things worse not help. What we need is all the members interested in SW too post as often as they can (relevant stuff ofcourse) and get some big interesting threads going. Ive gotta say i also think we have problems because this is MFK not reef central or something and ppl want to see and get information about monsters not alot of the small clowns, tangs ect probably nearly half the posts here are about. Dunno how we can fix that though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store