MMA News and Notes

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting....now heading to MMA sites for more analysis.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I thought it would be a split decision for Henderson. Very close, unlike the Cathal Pendred one. I was surprised by the Cerrone/Henderson one, but like you said it was close. The Pendred one floored me.

Wicked cut there. Ouch.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
it was a pretty bad cut. I was ok with the stoppage, would be ok to let it continue too but I would've been nervous for the guy.

I thought benson won. yes it was close but a close fight can also have a decisive winner. dana, the commentators and the guys on the fox sports post show thought benson won.

pendred got a miracle halleluyah gift decision. the other dude should be at the boston pd right now filing a police report because he straight got robbed. that was very crappy to see and I was pissed for the black dude. not pendred's fault, his job is to fight but he knows he lost. after watching the fight he'll see that he didn't deserve it

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
conor McGregor man, the guy has that it factor. not many fighters get me excited like this. I was pumped during his walkout.

even though no one gave siver a chance, siver has never been toyed with like that. he's always been able to make a losing fight competitive but not this time. every second of that fight was owned by conor.

aldo is one of my fav fighters and i'm loving conor so it will be an awesome build up and should be an awesome fight. I think it will be competitive but you gotta have conor going in as the underdog. he's been crushing everyone decisively but aldo is a different beast. I think all the top 5 are. the champ, mendez, swanson, edgar and lamas. any of these guys can beat conor but I think conor is also capable of beating them too. it's the strong wrestlers at the top that will test conor.

but he leap frogged all of them because he moves needles.

btw, props to Lorenz Larkins. he beat current ww champ Robbie lawler back in strikeforce. he looked great in his ww debut. super quick, happy for him. I think he was too small for middleweight and I hope he doesn't have too much difficulty staying at welter because he looked pretty drained during weigh ins but I wanna see more from him at 70

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
it was a pretty bad cut. I was ok with the stoppage, would be ok to let it continue too but I would've been nervous for the guy.

I thought benson won. yes it was close but a close fight can also have a decisive winner. dana, the commentators and the guys on the fox sports post show thought benson won.

pendred got a miracle halleluyah gift decision. the other dude should be at the boston pd right now filing a police report because he straight got robbed. that was very crappy to see and I was pissed for the black dude. not pendred's fault, his job is to fight but he knows he lost. after watching the fight he'll see that he didn't deserve it
I don't think he needs to watch, his expression at the announcement of the decision said to me he knew it.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I don't think he needs to watch, his expression at the announcement of the decision said to me he knew it.
that's true too

but it's not uncommon for fighters to not remember everything in a fight they just finished fighting. but yes I agree, as soon as the buzzer sounded to end the fight his body language looked like that of someone who knows they lost. he put up his hands to gesture victory seconds after the fight ended but it looked half hearted

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store