Monster fish??

Stab

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2005
virgildonatifan;631814; said:
What is the most vicious,flesh eating,aggressive FW fish available?
Why, that would most certainly be me! I am trully the most vicious, flesh eating and aggressive there is :shakehead

Can you be a bit more specific? There are plenty of fish that fit this criteria but you ned to provide some information first: What fish family are you interested in? How big of a fish can you accomidate? Do you want something that should be kept as a single specimen or a group?

IMFishHead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2005
Clifton New Jersey USA
I'd say out of all the fish I own, my bad boy is my Wolffish! It's a common one, but a real badass. He's over a foot long,and I can even put my hand in there to fix tank or he will strike me! I have dropped thawed shrimp in there and had him jump at my hand. He would eat one of those snakeheads for a snack, and a pirahna he would just laugh at!!!

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
Channa Micropeltes may seem mean because of there teeth and the way the shake wehn they eat there food. but if you want pound for pound aggression only fish or thing in the tank then get a Mystus Wyckii. looks mean acts mean and is MEAN!! most aggressive FW fish i have ever heard or seen!! FULLSTOP!! its like ya mother in-law locked up with no chocolates or make up !!! lol

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
GUPPIES!!!

virgildonatifan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
south africa
Thats some cool fish you guys have given so far!If I had to choose a fish species to be more specific it would be cichlidae cause I'm starting up a cichlid tank in Jan 2007.If there are meaner fish out there that'll fit in a 430l tank,don't hesitate to add it even if it isn't cichlidae.

HAPPY 2007 TO EVERYONE OUT THERE!!!!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
The most psychotically homicidal fish I ever owned was a small one about as big as a ballpoint pen, the African Pike Characin (either Phago loricatus or P. boulengeri, though I bought it as a Phago maculatus). It shredded a tank full of feeder guppies and only ate a couple, then that first night damaged a pleco that was larger than itself so badly that the pleco had to be destroyed, blinded, finless, tailless, and leaking intestines. Here is a pic from Aqualand that looks like the one I had. They are from the Niger basin mainly.

Oddbal1188.jpg

reddragon343

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2005
singapore
bichir addict;631884; said:
Of course everything in asia is food no matter what it is. From snakes to coral, you can thank the asians for helping the extinction of certain sea dwelling animals.
yo dude, dont be racist.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store