Monster fish??

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
stonecat;658266; said:
The most aggressive fish is the africian tiger fish, (the giant) there are two types one a bit smaller. These fish are full of teeth, they make a shoal of piranaha look like guppies. They can reach 6ft plus and will attack anything in the water. They are very hard to come by and are expensive to buy if you can find one. They have been known to have attacked swimmers in africa.
Who told you that? o.0
An atf is WAY less agressive than alot of fish. Try mixing them with snakehead or a dovii.

virgildonatifan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
south africa
Tiger fish aren't that aggresive,I have caught a lot of them and they only look vicious cause they have chompers full of teeth.And also,most people that swim in a lake or river with tiger fish in it,will get eaten by crocs rather than attacked by a tiger fish unless it feels threaten in some way.

kane1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
england
Again i say it wolf fish is the meanest, way to powerful for snaked heads, pure muscle solid bodies and attack like shark from underneath with great striking speed, Tiger fish yes just look mean with their teeth showing as do the payara, a large mala or aimara will destroy all competitors.

kane:headbang2 :headbang2

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
virgildonatifan;662284;662284 said:
Aren't there any aggresive fw sharks anywhere out there?
Not really, there are very few FW sharks at all though some landlock bull sharks are reported, the others like the spear tooth are so rare that little is known about their habits.

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
Aussienative;640339; said:
Vandellia cirrhosa

Piss near one and you'll agree ;)
:eek: That thing is hectic!

... from the article ...

When candirus parasitize humans, it is usually only when they are skinny-dipping while urinating in the water. The candiru tastes the urine stream and follows it back to the human. It then swims up the anus and lodges itself somewhere in the urinary tract with its spines. Blood is drawn, and the candiru gorges itself on both the blood and body tissue, its body sometimes expanding due to the amount of blood. This is all said to be very painful for the poor person who has this happen to him or her. Unfortunately, they are almost impossible to remove due to the spines. Amputation of the private areas is the cheapest, and most life-changing, way to remove the fish. Actual surgery is extremely expensive and involves inserting the Xagua plant and the Buitach apple up the urethra. These two plants kill and even dissolve the parasitic fish. If surgery is not done in time, the blockage of the urinary tract will prove fatal. The candiru is the only known vertebrate to parasitize humans.

ENEMIES

The candiru has few, if any, enemies at all, as they are feared throughout their geographic range and are given a worse reputation than the pirhana.
:WHOA:

F*** that ... I'm not going to the Amazon anymore!

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
sirasoni;663814; said:
i'd say a large aimara or other wolf as well...i dont remember where i got thsi pic from but
That Snakehead is a baby, a Hoplias Malabaricus that only grows up to 20 inches long comparing to the Micropeltes that grows at least up to 4 feet long if not more ( although people have stated to have seen larger ones, 5 feet at least if not more ) that Wolfish is considered older than the baby Snakehead, it's like a little girl or a boy and as I have stated, you can't judge a Micropeltes that way. Just as you cannot judge a little boy or girl being injured by a monkey to mean human is weaker than a monkey.

And speaking of Aimara Wolfish, again...are you guys speaking from experience here? At least, a Giant Snakehead that grows bigger than an Aimara Wolfish, have you guys placed two full grown adults and witnessed at least one result to speak of who's stronger and not?

I am not saying a Giant Snakehead would destroy an Aimara just as I am not saying an Aimara would destroy a Giant Snakehead / Micropeltes. But to speak of aggressive, vicious fish, then yes a Giant Snakehead, an Aimara Wolfish are one of the top predators.

And yes, the Giant Snakehead is prohibited in the United States.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store