mos90's 125 reef build.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
it is a little blue. i ordered a handful of different bulbs to whiten it up. all ati bulbs. i have 8 total in both fixtures. i was thinking of keeping 2 of the true actinics or maybe 4. then adding a mix of differnt ati bulbs. i ordered 2 blue + , 2 aquasun and 2 purple.

aquatraders is sending me out new leds to see if thats the problem with the nights.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Glad to hear that they fixed it...I cant wait till this winter when my bulbs will need to be replaced...dont have the cash to just replace them now to get the color I want.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
i changed the t5 bulbs last night. here is the order and bulbs i used from front to back.

ati-blue plus
ati-aquasun 12k
ati-purple plus
ati-true actinic

i have to say it looks awesome. not too much blue with a hint of pink. much better then before. i will post some picture tonight or tommarow.

i also added 2 raw shrimp to help the cycle along. hopefully it will only be a few more weeks.

tommorow i need to test dkh and calcium. ive been using kalk in my ato so everything may be a little high.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Hard to tell the difference in the pics...but looks good. A little white...but we will just have to see how the fish and corals popl once you start getting them in there.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
For some reason the pictures don't really give it the true color. It's not as white in person.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store