Mud turtle care

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The shell has 3 rows of tiny spikes.
I guess we wont be keeping him as a pet.
I don't think mud/musk turtles have the type of shell that you described but snappers sure do.They grow large but very slowly.If you decide not to keep it hopefully you can return it near where you found it....if that is where such a turtle would normally be found.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
They grow large but very slowly.If you decide not to keep it hopefully you can return it near where you found it....if that is where such a turtle would normally be found.
Well he was on the sidewalk at my husbands job. There is a swamp near by. There is also a swamp near my house does it matter which one I take him to? I think I will grow him out a bit just to be sure he is actually a snapping turtle.

***Jack Dempsey Cichlid Lover***

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The sidewalk is definitely not a good place for it lol.Either swampy location should be good enough for it to have a decent chance of living a while before some predator catches and eats it.I like the idea if keeping it at least til it gets a little bigger.
How does it compare to this one?
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1411357189.199676.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
The shell is way off. My turtle shell is much smoother you can only feel small ridges. Also mine has webbed feet

***Jack Dempsey Cichlid Lover***

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store