My Current 125 FOWLR and future plans ! PIC HEAVY

Cooterbrown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2012
Leavenworth Kansas
I go to the local Asian market and buy fish fillets, cod, grouper, or whatever is on sale, octopus, squid, and shrimp. Then throw it in the blender with some selcon vitamins and make it into a thick mush. Dot blend the octo or squid it will destroy a blender. I just dice it up real small. Then you can mix in some krill and brine shrimp with your hand. This is what I feed my reef tank except I add nori sheets and phyto and zoo plankton. They love it. Depending on what predators you have small shrimp and small silversides are good too.

My big guys eat 3" silversides, jumbo prawns, whole squid and I buy them live snails for the puffers.

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
ok perfect ! I have some newlife spectrum that has krill and veggies in it so good for preditory and non alike im assuming. I also drop in bits of shrimp the niger trigger mows down same with the crab. The Fox face and sargent major just eat the pellets, also the clown eats both lol.

BUT ALAS ! here are some updated pics. left side you cant really tell there is caves and bridges but there is ! lol

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
Any imput? I now run an emperor 400 (god damn it is so loud I turn it off at night) and a AC110 (if you didnt see water moving you wouldnt know its on) on the tank. HOB skimmer should be along anytime now. I dont seem to have much DOC on the surface anyways and what I do i pull out with a bucket so tank is healthy and running suprisingly well ! (CROSS FINGERS! Everything else from my health to my car is not well ! lol)

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
That's coralline growing in a lux deficient environment. This is were ppl get at odds with me about how higher wattage creates more energy deeper in the tank. That same patch at the top of the tank would be red or purple.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
no worries just get used to it with t-8 bulbs. T-8 + T-10 bulbs are more intense in the 1st 30 days or so of use then they lose up to 20% of their intensity and hold for the next 6 mo. t-5's and mh's hold steady with no drop in that same 6mo period - leds quite a bit as in years longer. Key to reefing is stability - everything stays the same.

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
Quick update! I plan on getting a bit more live rock, so I had to re stack my rock so I had some more space. I also got a coral beauty, didnt want to stop hiding while I was taking pics but i managed to get one... There are soem white spots on its forhead, some on side of trigger... Not sure if it is ick or if it is sand, orrrrr marks from the two of them slamming around in the tank (trigger was trying to get at the coral when it first went it) So I will be keeping a close eye on this.

ALSO I wanted this blue line grouper but the guys wouldnt drag it out of the show tank for me lol.

IMG-20130117-00019.jpg

IMG-20130121-00026.jpg

IMG-20130121-00027.jpg

IMG-20130121-00029.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store