my future build 9350 gal shark tank

Smooth builder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2009
virginia
Have you built a monster tank before? Have you built them using different materials or methods?

The pond liner is meant to be nothing more then a water barrier and a membrane that is water proof. If pond liners were so prone to failure and unreliability then why do fish farms that include saltwater salmon farms use pond liners as there primary method to building their holding tanks? Those 2 builders on this forum that i referred to also had a much taller water line then i was planning for so would equal a much greater water pressure pushing out. I never said i was sold on the pond liner and plywood setup i merely asked for opinions and what people thought of this as an alternative to using highly toxic fumed resins or going a very permanant concrete method. Why dont you stop being envious of people who are planning tanks like these and either stop posting or be more constructive to help them. Thanks for stoping by hope you have a more stress free day tomorrow from your venting in my thread.

wright4lfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
"Why dont you stop being envious of people who are planning tanks like these and either stop posting or be more constructive to help them."

lol how in the hell am i envious of someone who doesn't even own a home and is making some pretty grand plans with NOTHING TO SUBSTANTIATE THEM when i own a home in Huntington beach, CA and have owned just about any fish I've wanted? huh?

i've been in the hobby for 15+ years and have been a member of this site 1 month after it started. I've owned just every type of rarefish I've wanted to own. I've built plywood tanks and i'm finishing my largest to date, 10X4x4.

i think my biggest problem is about once a month or so we get someone like you on this site who comes to this part of the forum and talks about building a huge tank. they don't have the financial means or the space to do the build, but darnit they are going to talk a huge game...

then the only thing that goes up is their post count. thats it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store