New 500gal dbl bullnose for my Atelomycterus marmoratus pair

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
These guys lay TINY eggs. They are a bit longer/skinnier in shape compared to the bamboo. I'm sure you'll see breeding soon.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
These guys lay TINY eggs. They are a bit longer/skinnier in shape compared to the bamboo. I'm sure you'll see breeding soon.
Thanks for the words of encouragement Zoodiver! I just finished welding the structure of the stand today, The frame is getting pretty hot so i'm gonna let it cool off for the rest of the day and button everything up tommorow. This stand uses alot of different material sizes and some "reclaimed" material from older jobs but should do the trick. If anything it is extremly overbuilt, just how i like em :)

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
The odd bracing on top is for the center overflow box. The braces are also spaced so they fit directly underneath where each "butt joint" of acrylic meets on the dbl bull nose. The bottom sheet of my tank is actually 5 pieces "butt jointed" together so there is a support beam placed directly underneath each of those seams aswell. Note: it is sitting on 4 green metal 4x4's thats not part of the stand, thats my ghetto welding platform lol....hope these pics help someone building a metal stand out there :) Always take the time to think of plumbing, doorways, and support beams so everything comes out right the first time.

Marlin85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
Florida
THe sharks look nice and healthy! Im glad they went to a good home. Beautiful tank, good luck with the build

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
THe sharks look nice and healthy! Im glad they went to a good home. Beautiful tank, good luck with the build
Thanks Marlin! Cant thank you enough for sending me these guys....def. has changed my outlook on almost all of my freshwater collection. These sharks are by far my most prized possession :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Heres an update:
View attachment 942749
View attachment 942750
View attachment 942751

What would u guys do?

I used 100 gal old cycled water and 200 gal new salt water so far. Some old and new sand and 30-50lbs of rock from other tanks. Should i use the sharks existing water (200gal) to make the full 500 gal and drop them in or would it be better to make it almost all "clean" water and wait it out to fully cycle. The 300gal currently in the tank is probably ready soon. Its been running with a sponge filter and 1200gph pump for a good week mixing it all up. Hope my debate makes sense hah...thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store