New 9x4x2 tank build starts in the morning - finally!!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
That is a huge sump. My sump is a 125 gallon tank and works great. I will stay tuned for the building of this as I want to see a large glass build. I think your building the tank yourself which is great.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
ND aquatics building it mate

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
I don't think ND will be happy with your stand.

Click my signature and see my stand - same as yours, concrete blocks and lintels - they come and built it and told me to support the middle with wooden legs like you will see on my thread.

You can put one at the back then push the sump in then do them and box the sump in.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Correct sir! Taken a while to empty and build a shed and lean to over my side pathway to store bikes plus a few runs to the dump!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I don't think ND will be happy with your stand.

Click my signature and see my stand - same as yours, concrete blocks and lintels - they come and built it and told me to support the middle with wooden legs like you will see on my thread.

You can put one at the back then push the sump in then do them and box the sump in.
There are 2 breeze block supports along the back and once the tank is built and sump in place i was going to put 2 wooden uprights at the front for support plus use these to create doors to the sump area

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
There are 2 breeze block supports along the back and once the tank is built and sump in place i was going to put 2 wooden uprights at the front for support plus use these to create doors to the sump area
Excellent, well thought of.

Keep us updated.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Tank almost complete, note the lazy tank builder laying down on the job!!2012-07-13-144.jpg

2012-07-13-144.jpg

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K

Happy with stand after acouple of minor adjustment to top to get absolute level. Will add supports to the front before the water is put in. Got to wait two weeks now. Be three weeks though as i go on hols next weekend for 2 weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store