New 9x4x2 tank build starts in the morning - finally!!

Venom Stinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Arlington,Va.
Needed to leave some room for the kids as they want a ppol table plus one wall will have a projector screen for movies.
Love it so far jim..
a pool table in the same room as an all glass fish tank is kind of scary..

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Love it so far jim..
a pool table in the same room as an all glass fish tank is kind of scary..

Yes i know! Trying to talk the kids out of it but they have to get something for them out of this project. Need to come up with a way of protecting the tank when the pool table is out

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Finished!!

Need to leave it alone now to set. Temptation to get on with the plumbing is almost too much to bear!2012-07-13-145.jpg

2012-07-13-145.jpg

Rome

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2012
Santa Barbara
Hook the Xbox to the projector or get foseball table. Pool table + glass + 600 or so gallons of water seems like a mess waiting to happen.

Cool set up btw. I hope to have something similar in the next year.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Finished!!

Need to leave it alone now to set. Temptation to get on with the plumbing is almost too much to bear!View attachment 804154
Youve not got to wait to long to do the plumbing - it actually sets pretty fast, i was in there plumbing all mine within a couple of days

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
Cool build, cant wait to see it with the BD's swimming around.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Youve not got to wait to long to do the plumbing - it actually sets pretty fast, i was in there plumbing all mine within a couple of days
i was told you need to wait 1 day per mm of glass not sure how true that is but thats before adding water not sure about plumb

showcase gars

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2010
Tallahassee,Florida
Had no choice but to subscribe great start.. im rollin with everybody else pool table is a no no...i cant tell u how many times Ive had one of my family members or friends launch a ball across the room tryin to do a crazy pool shot..better get them a 360 with kinect lol

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I don't think ND will be happy with your stand.

Click my signature and see my stand - same as yours, concrete blocks and lintels - they come and built it and told me to support the middle with wooden legs like you will see on my thread.

You can put one at the back then push the sump in then do them and box the sump in.
Did you have any support at the back other than the lintel? I have two columns of breeze block evenly spaced along the back wall as extra support and three lintels across the length of the tank so i think i have plenty of support at the back. That is why i was planning on adding two wooden supports to the front which can double up as framework for the doors

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store