New Filtration revision for 300 gallon Ray tank

Brian Rodgers

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2016
Northern New Mexico
Scratch that question, found it right away
Matala-filter.png
I'm thinking of adding a second set of filters to my system.
I hope I'm not adding a high maintenance process though. As it is now I have to clean a 7" sock filter every other day.

Niners4952

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2016
You rarely have to clean them, think about it you have 22" round and 18" deep total with 3 of them its going to take a while before they need cleaning. Im thinking once a month ill turn the system off drain the barrel and rinse them out. I designed this to need little matience

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
what are your plans for the 2 barrels
first barrel will be a k1 moving bed filter barrel. The second will be where i store all my equipment and lava rock. I will have over 40 lbs of lava rock (its actually not as much as you think), 2 liters of crappy ebay ceramic media, 4 liters of Seachem pond matrix. It will also hold all the heaters and pumps. I am still working on the mechanical filtration and waiting on the hole saws to come in. In the mean time im going to empty out some of my breeder tanks and sell off the stock. i want to use the space for my filters. i recently had a bad experience with my canister filters, so im going to just remove it. From now on, no canisters on my larger tanks. I have about 120 liters of k1 kaldness sitting in a few buckets. I am also in the process of building a 500 gallon tank out of plywood. just still shopping around for a table saw. and figuring out the budgeting and what i can skimp out on.

Niners4952

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2016
Lowes will cut the wood for you, I just built a 600 plywood and had them cut all the plywood. I am just about finished so hopefully in a week I will start a thread going through my entire build

Reactions: Jesseliu13
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store