New fish added into tank

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
I added a red devil mix today into my 100 gallon tank. He is being very aggressive to my 2 Oscars and my frontosa. The Oscars and frontosa range from maybe 10"-13". Is it just a new fish add aggression thing? He was originally in a 130 gallon with a BUNCH of big fish. Flowerhorns, Oscar, red tail catfish, etc. What can I do to help stop it and have him live like he was at the fish store? I removed most of my décor just now to see if its territory issue.

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
I added a red devil mix today into my 100 gallon tank. He is being very aggressive to my 2 Oscars and my frontosa. The Oscars and frontosa range from maybe 10"-13". Is it just a new fish add aggression thing? He was originally in a 130 gallon with a BUNCH of big fish. Flowerhorns, Oscar, red tail catfish, etc. What can I do to help stop it and have him live like he was at the fish store? I removed most of my décor just now to see if its territory issue.
I just went and put him into a bucket, rearranged the décor, and now seeing a change in the other fish. I was told that this wasn't a full red devil but a mix so it wasn't as aggressive. Again like stated in previous post, he was fine in the 130 gallon with all the other big fish. I am going to now try him back into the tank and see what happens. I will post pics in a few. Please anyone help. I might have to return him I guess.

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
The orange big fish is the new one that is attacking everyone! I actually just took him out and put him in a bucket to return tmrw when I am off. Bucket has a way of keeping the water at 80 and has a air pump going. I decided to just take him back and leave what I have in there and let them grow

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
That dude looks like trouble lol. Midas, Red Devil, they're both mean, being bigger than almost everyone doesn't help either. Not sure how lfs keep soo many aggressive fish together without incident, I think there comes a point where the fish are so crowded they don't fight, not sure why. Ime, fish that come from that kind of environment, come ready for territory lol. The log is providing shelter from the aggressor, I would guess that's why they are all there. Nice fish though.

Reactions: Dieboldly

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
That dude looks like trouble lol. Midas, Red Devil, they're both mean, being bigger than almost everyone doesn't help either. Not sure how lfs keep soo many aggressive fish together without incident, I think there comes a point where the fish are so crowded they don't fight, not sure why. Ime, fish that come from that kind of environment, come ready for territory lol. The log is providing shelter from the aggressor, I would guess that's why they are all there. Nice fish though.
He is trouble! Idk how my LFS does it either but he's gone as of tmrw lol I'm not going to kill my other guys lol and thank you :)

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
As for the wood, they have always stayed under it lol like they fight for it lol

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
In your opening post, you mentioned you took out your decor? Is there usually more decor than what is in the pictures? If so, keeping more decor may help, if you can break up their line of sight, (tall plants maybe)that sometimes helps.

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
In your opening post, you mentioned you took out your decor? Is there usually more decor than what is in the pictures? If so, keeping more decor may help, if you can break up their line of sight, (tall plants maybe)that sometimes helps.
No the decor you see is all I had in it but I actually just put I. More stuff that I had lying around to see if it helps lol

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
He needs to go for sure, he may get roughed up by his old buddies but he deserves it for disrupting your nice community.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store