New green Terrors owner

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
if you planning on keeping them together short term you will be alright i guess but no way will that work for any good amount of time. The pars will spawn and there will be lots of aggression.

If you kept one male with many females that could be an experiment and see how it goes. but at the females spawn and guard eggs they will be aggressive towards others in the tank to protect the eggs and fry.

I think you will find like I did that its best to keep a single specimen in a tank are a pair with a divider on hand.

But why keep a pair if you can't support the spawning.. which leads me back to my original suggestion and pick your favorite and grow him or her out. no need to worry about future aggression or any spawning.

Reactions: terrorG

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
if you planning on keeping them together short term you will be alright i guess but no way will that work for any good amount of time. The pars will spawn and there will be lots of aggression.

If you kept one male with many females that could be an experiment and see how it goes. but at the females spawn and guard eggs they will be aggressive towards others in the tank to protect the eggs and fry.

I think you will find like I did that its best to keep a single specimen in a tank are a pair with a divider on hand.

But why keep a pair if you can't support the spawning.. which leads me back to my original suggestion and pick your favorite and grow him or her out. no need to worry about future aggression or any spawning.
the reason to house more thne one is because i dont want a single green terror and i can not put two males together i found that out :$ saw i got a female instead of a male and read about pairing relised ow right so if they dont like each other they just dont spawn i thought wicked i take that chance :) instead they start spawning. We see how things go i think i got plenty of tanks here and will get another 200 to stick under the tank arrivingtoday encase i need another tank :p for anything but i dont think culling eggs or not giving eggs a chance to hatch and live a life is fair

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Sounds like you have a plan so I guess only time will tell.

Like I've said before, just be ready to seperate in case of aggression. Would be sad to see a dead fish because of fighting.
i sort of have a plan just like every one does but some things like nature we dont see and i just hope they dont keep spawning every two weeks like they have done -.-

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Today I seem to have messed my green terrors up after moving two of them to the new tank the breeding ones
They seem to be constantly opening and closing there mouth for no apparent reason I have fed them water is well oxygenated. I used 184 liters from my old 200 liter and 216 liters from the tap + prime for 300 liters
Ammonia 0
pH 8
Oh 270
GH 500
Nitrite 10
Nitrate 0.5

Any infobwould be great also they both had a fight mouth locked now she is following him everywhere

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store