New project, will take a long time

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
mike dunagan;1923197; said:
sorry for the delay! I hope it drys out! Good luck!
Thanks Mike, I've just got up and it's about 1/2 drained already;)

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Wet hole good shovel= easier... dirtier diggin :D maybe....

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Tongue33;1924045; said:
Wet hole good shovel= easier... dirtier diggin :D maybe....
:confused: When it looked completely dry it still leaked plenty of water in the skip:eek:

Wet clay= heavier than dry clay= more work, still sounds like I need to test your theory out, I'll supervise, when are you free?:ROFL:

mackattack702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2008
San Antonio Texas
It never seems to rain when you want it too, but always does when you don't want it to. I'm following your project, looks good so far. I helped put in a pond once we dug then hit rock brought in a bob cat. So most of the project ended up being stacking rock for the waterfalls and as a barrier. Got to love Texas limestone :)

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
The patio is almost done just 11 of 600x600 to go plus the 5 of 300x300 slabs to build up the step to the deck to lay and then it's green light for exclusive digging:naughty:

Needed to level off more uneven ground today for the remaining patio, gave me chance to empty another 6 barrel loads of clay out of the hole to even it up. Pressing it down with a sledge hammer however wasn't fun. This does however lead to a problem of removing waste from the hole as there is a patio in the way, but that's even less than a problem than I've given myself with the filter placement:
hole-2.0.jpg

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
nice job... the trick is to get some friends over and dig in front of them.. if they dont help its time for new friends... if they do help then you hang with good people and hey... free help....

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
chesterthehero;1931106; said:
nice job... the trick is to get some friends over and dig in front of them.. if they dont help its time for new friends... if they do help then you hang with good people and hey... free help....
Everyone I know works stupid shifts, weekends as well including me, get togethers are few and far between and normally result in several hang overs;) Some aren't even in the country anymore and one moved to Australia, fortunately phones and the good old interweb solve that problem but a phone can't dig, although I'm sure there is a youtube vid of one doing so:ROFL:

The waste removal problem has been solved today, due to the new patio blocking the direct route to the gate, drive and skip.

Behind our house is a park, this has a 50 yard gap that's fenced off on the park side and lined with trees, between that there is a huge over grown area that is unkept and over grown with weeds, brambles etc. but almost directly behind is a huge oak trees that blovks the light to the ground where there is a large clearing where the weed don't grow.

Problem: I have a six foot wooden fence between me a the obvious place for the soil and clay
Solution:
Take one 8 foot 3x3 post, three large hinges, one bolt lock, a spade, an axe, a large saw, one concrete mix made up of chippings from the garden, sand and cement from the patio project, two cross members, throw in several six inch nail, screws, cordless drill, a four hours and you have a gate; basically sawn from the existing fence:headbang2 Problem solved:naughty:

I'm trying to shop something up to give an idea of plan for the filtration cover

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Yanbbrox;1933836; said:
Everyone I know works stupid shifts, weekends as well including me, get togethers are few and far between and normally result in several hang overs;) Some aren't even in the country anymore and one moved to Australia, fortunately phones and the good old interweb solve that problem but a phone can't dig, although I'm sure there is a youtube vid of one doing so:ROFL:

The waste removal problem has been solved today, due to the new patio blocking the direct route to the gate, drive and skip.

Behind our house is a park, this has a 50 yard gap that's fenced off on the park side and lined with trees, between that there is a huge over grown area that is unkept and over grown with weeds, brambles etc. but almost directly behind is a huge oak trees that blovks the light to the ground where there is a large clearing where the weed don't grow.

Problem: I have a six foot wooden fence between me a the obvious place for the soil and clay
Solution:
Take one 8 foot 3x3 post, three large hinges, one bolt lock, a spade, an axe, a large saw, one concrete mix made up of chippings from the garden, sand and cement from the patio project, two cross members, throw in several six inch nail, screws, cordless drill, a four hours and you have a gate; basically sawn from the existing fence:headbang2 Problem solved:naughty:

I'm trying to shop something up to give an idea of plan for the filtration cover
great solution!

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
mike dunagan;1933864; said:
great solution!
I know, the simple ideas are always the best:ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com