New Spotted Gar!

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I have my spotted gar in with oscar flowerhorn female's firemouths jd's veja pleco and no one messes with him he has teeth and bites them just today my smallest jd was messing around with my firemouth to close to the gar and lost some scales don't know but I call bs on rules I have had fish together for year's that people say I should not put together any way just my two cents but for food I use shrimp and tilapia and shrimp also put some pellets in the meat from time to time never could get my gar onto pellets alone and once or twice a month I give him and my oscar some feeders as treats its pretty cool to watch the gar hunt!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yeah barely do I have the "rules" of keeping fish also be correct, but in some cases they turn out to be right. I think of them as just guidelines, and if you violate the guidelines there is a chance of the fish fighting, getting sick, etc. My tropicals actually allow to unknown blue cichlids to live with them, or maybe they just are to lazy to catch them.

coflowerhornguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
denver co
Yeah its good to have guidelines when u start out I feel that to many people in our hobby read them and treat them as gossip then when your on a post like this everyone is just regurgitating what they have heard not their own experience.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Yeah its good to have guidelines when u start out I feel that to many people in our hobby read them and treat them as gossip then when your on a post like this everyone is just regurgitating what they have heard not their own experience.

Yeah I think that generally peoples' own experience is more trustworthy if people agree with the experience

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store