New to forums

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
Hi everyone from the uk, I'm new to these forums and still not sure how it all works yet lol I've been into the hobby 7 months now and I'm addicted lol

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Welcome to mfk! The people here are really nice and always happy to help. If you listen to any advice you're given you will enjoy the hobby for many years to come. What size tank/s do you have and what fish are you currently keeping? :)

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
Welcome to mfk! The people here are really nice and always happy to help. If you listen to any advice you're given you will enjoy the hobby for many years to come. What size tank/s do you have and what fish are you currently keeping? :)
thanks kittie katt :) I'm keeping Malawi cichlids at the moment haps/mbuna/peacocks, I have a 240 litre tank, I've been hoping to get something a bit out of the ordinary to go in with them, but struggling to find something compatible, what about you, what fish are you keeping?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
thanks kittie katt :) I'm keeping Malawi cichlids at the moment haps/mbuna/peacocks, I have a 240 litre tank, I've been hoping to get something a bit out of the ordinary to go in with them, but struggling to find something compatible, what about you, what fish are you keeping?
I have a 400ltr south American community with silver dollars, assorted sa tetras and corydoras, 200ltr with 4 goldfish (and another 5 in my aunties pond) a 120ltr with a crown tail betta and an upside down catfish and an 80ltr with white cloud minnows, a Chinese algae eater and kuhlli loaches. All pretty basic fish and no real "monsters" yet.

Would love to see pics of your tank once you've got your post count up. :)

Bigboris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2016
I have a 400ltr south American community with silver dollars, assorted sa tetras and corydoras, 200ltr with 4 goldfish (and another 5 in my aunties pond) a 120ltr with a crown tail betta and an upside down catfish and an 80ltr with white cloud minnows, a Chinese algae eater and kuhlli loaches. All pretty basic fish and no real "monsters" yet.

Would love to see pics of your tank once you've got your post count up. :)
I see the addiction has got you aswell haha, I like the sound of your South American tank have you got any pics? I was thinking to maybe put a jack Dempsey in with my Africans but after a bit of research it seems to be a no go lol

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I see the addiction has got you aswell haha, I like the sound of your South American tank have you got any pics? I was thinking to maybe put a jack Dempsey in with my Africans but after a bit of research it seems to be a no go lol
I have pics of them in the four foot (they were recently moved to the five foot) but I can get pics tomorrow when I get home. For now, here's some random pics from the four foot. Mainly the dollars but you get the drift. :)
IMG_20160719_090704.jpg
IMG_20160718_133501.jpg

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Tha that's a nice tank kittiee katt, how do you get on with them plants do the silver dollars ever eat them
Not the ones in there. I've got 3 Anubias varieties, java fern, java moss and bolbitis in with them, and they haven't eaten them yet. I think that could be because for the first five years of their lives they only ever seen fake plants, the live ones have only been in with them for roughly 12 months so I think they think they can't eat them.. But I'm not sure why they don't considering everyone else's dollars decimate any plants they try to keep with them.. Maybe I'm just lucky, dunno. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store