New to Polypterus - Substrate Advice!

Zilch

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
The bag has it labeled as HP red super, Ei1229i5L1

If that helps... I picked it out of a sample pack from the distributor so I never got the retail name of it

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
interesting, looks much closer to the teak or camel. Either way looks awesome and I already emaild Estes asking for a list of distributors. They have a lot of really nice colors

Zilch

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
interesting, looks much closer to the teak or camel. Either way looks awesome and I already emaild Estes asking for a list of distributors. They have a lot of really nice colors
Yeah they bought up all of 3ms stuff, so whenever you read about 3m permaquartz it's now estes. Cost is good for the quantity, and the stuff is ceramic coated too so it should be totally inert and not have an effect on your ph (not that polys really care much about that).

Just wash it well. Lol my filter socks are turning purple

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
Yeah they bought up all of 3ms stuff, so whenever you read about 3m permaquartz it's now estes. Cost is good for the quantity, and the stuff is ceramic coated too so it should be totally inert and not have an effect on your ph (not that polys really care much about that).

Just wash it well. Lol my filter socks are turning purple
haha thanks for the tips

Reactions: Zilch

Zilch

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
nice! there's a distributor 30 min from me
Awesome... I had to wait a few weeks since they didn't have the particular size I needed in Stock, and having a special shipment would cost almost as much as the sand itself haha. Usually they'll give you the option of tagging along with their regular delivery for free though

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
Awesome... I had to wait a few weeks since they didn't have the particular size I needed in Stock, and having a special shipment would cost almost as much as the sand itself haha. Usually they'll give you the option of tagging along with their regular delivery for free though
ok cool, wouldn't be a problem, only have the one Senegalus so far, will be a little bit before they're in their permanent home so I have time

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store