NTT won't eat

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
i usually don't start worrying till about the 42day mark. 40 days is still too soon..No, kidding..if he still looks to have a healthy stomach to him, i would not give into feeders yet as stated above. He'll come around prob when he sees his buddy chowing down

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
His belly looks deflated on day 12 without food. I am not so sure if he will make it to day 40. He stared at the floating pellets but won't take a bite. I can't believe NTT are finicky eater.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If his stomach is sinking at this point then it must have been more than a mere twelve days since he's eaten last...My two inch indo finally gave in after about a month and now takes bits of raw shrimp with gusto!..

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
It's day 16 and I have no luck getting him to eat. I dropped prawns, tilapia, pellets, and brine shrimps in front of him but he won't touch it. I think I am going to move him into a 40g to QT him since the other dats are getting a bit aggressive.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
It's day 16 and I have no luck getting him to eat. I dropped prawns, tilapia, pellets, and brine shrimps in front of him but he won't touch it. I think I am going to move him into a 40g to QT him since the other dats are getting a bit aggressive.
IF its got a sunken belly... I would give it live food. River schrimp first..
Sunken belly is not good.
So fatten up on whatever it will eat before starving and trying to convert again.

Got any pics?

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Ade-this was him 16 days ago. Now he's all black with sunken belly and eyes popping. I am afraid he won't make it to day 40.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Need to see a pic now

Not 16 days ago as it looks fat in that picture

You would expect him to be slimmer after 16 days without food

Thin bars have been the longest for me to get off live food and 16 days is nothing 6 weeks is when they normally give in

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Starting the days count over since I last cave in to give the NTT guppies. I moved him into a 40g planted tank with clown loaches, gourami, and pleco. He's currently on day 13 with no food right now. Lets see how long before he gives in.

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I would start out with feeder guppy's or small minnows until he starts to eat other wise they go down hill pretty fast, once yoe get him eating you can experiment with other foods. Make sure PH is a least 7.0 because if water is acid they do not like it that much and adds more stress good luck Noel

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store