Nurse shark pup: A rescue animal

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
I am sure you guys know what is best. Back seat opinions from folks that have never seen the critter are nothing short of obnoxious... I won't do that to you.

Good luck to the fish and its entire medical team.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
So far so good. We're still tube feeding him daily. This weekend, he's going to graduate from his small holding to a much larger pool so he can swim around more.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Oh So sweet ... amazing thread and pictures of rescue.. wow so glad it was saved.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Gaining weight and still very strong.
We did a second round of X rays to check the position of the hook, to plan the extraction. We found a second hook. The first images (the ones posted) didn't include the head/mouth. The second round did, and we found a hook lodged in his mouth. It's an older hook, and the skin has healed around it. Not something I'd like to leave in him, so we'll extract that as well.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Zoodiver;4403398; said:
Gaining weight and still very strong.
We did a second round of X rays to check the position of the hook, to plan the extraction. We found a second hook. The first images (the ones posted) didn't include the head/mouth. The second round did, and we found a hook lodged in his mouth. It's an older hook, and the skin has healed around it. Not something I'd like to leave in him, so we'll extract that as well.
good to hear he is doing well.. the little guy has such a will to live... and glad there are people around like you and the others to help..:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store