Octopus Part Two: Got a Tank!

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
if it doesnt have a sump then I imagine its for the water level in order to assure that salinity doesnt swing too much.

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
Sweet man. Congrats on the tank. Toss some more rock in there so he'll have more hiding places and what not.

Also since you could seal the lid on the bucket, the guy couldn't escape. Make sure the same on this tank that every exit is sealed. Also be weary of untank oumps as octo's can go up the tubes... Screen off and lock down EVERYTHING

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
Glad to see you did the right thing. Though I still say 8G is to small. For pretty much anything really. My bettas tank is bigger than that.

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
Younglin;5122952; said:
Glad to see you did the right thing. Though I still say 8G is to small. For pretty much anything really. My bettas tank is bigger than that.
Depending on the species it'll will prob out grow the 8g. However I disagree with the 8g is too small for anything. I have a 5g desktop tank that is going to be a reef setup and I have fish and shrimp in it. There is a guy on here with a 2g pico reef. You'd be surprised what you can keep in a salt tank

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
He is the size of a golfball and can fit into any small crevice, there is plenty of room for him right now.

He is still pretty pissed about the move and hides every time he sees me unlike he was doing the last week in the bucket. If he doesnt come of his shell soon I might let him go and add what ever corals I can or just make it a native FOWL.

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
he's just stressed from the move. When I put my chromis into my 5g desktop he wouldn't come out of the rockwork for like 2 days. Now he swims around fine... Give em some time

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
agreed, they are smart and it'll come around. Worst case scenario, you get rid of it and you still have a salt tank to play with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store