Octopus Part Two: Got a Tank!

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
but also show how mfk's will go at great lengths to make our fish/inverts ;) happy.
I wouldn't say that but okay.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Younglin;5163810; said:
I wouldn't say that but okay.
True MFK'ers will...did you see this? This thing was from a bait bucket and now it has a 150g...as stated by one member with considerable octopus research, that is 100g bigger than the tank they need. I would say that was a happy cephalopod.

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
True MFK'ers will...did you see this? This thing was from a bait bucket and now it has a 150g...as stated by one member with considerable octopus research, that is 100g bigger than the tank they need. I would say that was a happy cephalopod.
Read the thread again. It is in an 8 gallon biocube.

Jake95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2011
NJ
JD7.62;5160416; said:
I feed the guy shrimp, crabs and fish a few times a week. Even with the lights on he will come out when I walk into the room, he knows Im his source of food. Last night we played tug o war with the magna float thing.

As of right now he is fine in the 8gal. If i cant upgrade then ill let him go.

My wife took the camera to a Brett Michaels concert tonight but I will try an get pics some time this weekend.

Wow. if you didnt have a big enough tank to begin with, than why did you take him?This thread makes me sad:(

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
Jake95;5165282; said:
Wow. if you didnt have a big enough tank to begin with, than why did you take him?This thread makes me sad:(
I agree, I really like octopus and you shouldn't of captured him if you cant support him... But it was your choice not mine

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I thought he was planning on upgrading. My apologies.

Again, you shouldnt release animals that you have taken into captivity.

I might just eat this little guy...

Not trying to be insensitive...I just like seafood. :D

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
If yall read my other thread, I caught him to be used for bait but because he survived so long in the bait bucked I figured Id just keep him. They are pretty common around here. I am using 100% water from where I caught him and feed him critters I catch from where I caught him, if I let him go it will be ok.

Ive been keeping fish for a long time, just not SW.

My wife lost the damn camera at the stupid brett michaels concert Thursday. He is still alive and doing fine. I will try and take a pic with my phone but it sucks. I will be fishing offshore all day tomorrow but hopefully I can get some pics soon. He is real neat, will stick his tentacles out of the water to grab my fingers now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store