One proven way to treat ich/ick

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
wait corydoras cant handle aquarium salt? I have a 15 gallon growout with 5 buenos aires 4 corys 5 plecos and a baby jack dempsey i need to grow his fins back because my turtles ate his whole fin! So the tank has one of those stick on thermometors and my tank feels like 90 degrees but the thermometer only goes to 86. So the temp is really high! i put in the exact reccomended amount of awuarium salt and 3 of the buenos aires' ick is already gone! So two more to go and should i move the corys out? the jack dempsey is like 2 inches and he has no rear fin so he cant be in a larger tank. But please help quick my corys cant die! i have a breeding pairs. Please reply quick

jfrench101

Feeder Fish
Oct 12, 2012
Indiana
Just wondering if any of you have tried using peroxide swabs on fish with ick? I used to use this method with my koi and it worked great so I tried it today on one of my tetras with ick that was looking very miserable. I just netted the fish and lightly swabbed both sides with a q tip that was dipped in peroxide. I figured the fish was on the way out anyway because it was listing around at the top so I gave it a try and so far the fish is looking much better. It is swimming around in the middle of the tank again and doesn't look as stressed. Im on my 3rd day of treatment with salt and high temps and its looking like there is a light at the end of the tunnel but had to flush a few fish already :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store