Operation Rescue Motoro (Disclaimer: Pictures May Be Considered Graphic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
add some uncoated vitiman b1 tablets about 3 of them to the tub it will help them get eating and just good for them good luck with them

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
My hats off to all of you for your effort. Hope all goes well.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Most wholesalers don't care about the fish they carry. They only want to keep them alive long enough to push them off onto someone else. I went to a wholesaler earlier this year and they had some really nice rays and some really bad rays. None even close to what you found. Your biggest challenge will be to get them to eat, if you can do that then they will probably live. When we got our flower in I got a motoro with it. They were in nasty shape with ammonia burns and lice. You could see all there bones. I threw ghost shimp in the tank and both of them ate the first day I got them. I couldn't believe it. Good luck to you both. I would definetly call the BBB of that area

tonymofo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 23, 2007
Detroit
www.youtube.com
You've done a great thing by saving those rays from the store. I hope they heal up soon. But now that they have made a little profit off those rays they will might get some more. I wonder is there anybody that you can report them to?????

Well Good luck with those rays and keep us udated with some pics!!!!

stingray94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
Rhode Island
wow, you did a really nice thing trying to save those rays. Good luck with it and I hope they all pull through.

A few months back one of my rays had a cut on his forehead(never found out if it was from the heater or from him trying to jump out of the tank and slamming into the cover)-the cut was not nearly as severe as these rays are but I added extra prime to the water and in a few days it started scabbing over, then the scab fell off and now it just looks like a lighter patch of skin between his eyes. Have you been adding and prime to the water? salt? Good luck with them

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
good luck to your rescue. if i read this right you have them in a 150 stock tank? 5 6" motoro's with 2 30gal HOB filters and 1 20 gal HOB filter and getting fx5. watch you water quality. i hope they pull through for you.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Great rescue! Hope they are all doing better....

BONSAI2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
BERWICK UK
i know wot thats like ive done the same thing to save a tea cup ray from a shop that didnt have a clue!. good luck shure thay will pull threw motoros are quite hard. get them eating and thay will recover quick if you can get live earth worms thats always a winner for ill and fussy eaters from my experance

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store