Osphronemus exodon, Elephant ear giant gourami

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Below are 3 pics, he is a nightmare to take pictures of so I took a video instead and grabbed a frame. It still doesn't show what I wanted to so I've edited the original to highlight where these teeth like things are, there is another one on the other side.

If anyone has an rt or a normal gg can you look at yours and see if you can see anything like what I'm talking about.
Just a giggle I've included the tank label from the shop, they were so glad to finally find him a home they gave me the sticker, It made me laugh because a moonlight came into shot as I was taking it;)

uned.jpg

aftered.jpg

sticker.jpg

andregurov

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
future wetlands, Louisiana
Why not contact your selling LFS directly and ask where that fish order originated from? With a little homework you should be able to narrow down the possibilities. Since you bought the fish, they should be willing to help. And if they aren't, you probably have your answer ...

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
andregurov;1523573; said:
Why not contact your selling LFS directly and ask where that fish order originated from? With a little homework you should be able to narrow down the possibilities. Since you bought the fish, they should be willing to help. And if they aren't, you probably have your answer ...
It's an interesting point of view and a good idea but at the time they were happy that the last one has been sold and I trust the info on here more than them and was looking for people who have them and have kept them present or past. A picture would help a lot considering there are no pictures on the net

thanks for the reply

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
From what I've read, true exodon grow teeth that protrude from the jawline as adults, and the teeth will be orange in color.

Time will tell if this is a true piece or deceptively marketed gouramy.

fwiw, those pics don't look like regular gouramy.

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
i had an rtgg that had some pretty gnarly teeth where those green dots are in your pic, he was roughly 9". i sold him to another mfk member. so is it these teeth that make em EEGG?

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
The legend goes that normal giants don't have external teeth, elephant ears do which is how you tell the difference. I'm going to have another look up on them(again) and see if I can find the mythical picture of one

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk

Bogwoodbruce

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2007
Rotherham, UK
www.facebook.com

Yanbbrox