Osphronemus exodon, Elephant ear giant gourami

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
fugupuff;1539147; said:
yeah, its an exodon, mine didn't get the teeth until 12" or so. looks just like my exodon :)

Wes
Wes,

Thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated, only 3.5'' to go then:)

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
fugupuff;1539164; said:
wow, that puts me in a real toughie, hope i'm right again ;)
Wow that's some pressure;)

Fast forward a year or so:

'I have a 24'' Exodon with no teeth, Wes said it should have them by now.. please help' :ROFL:

Wes,
Thanks again for your help ;)

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Yanbbrox;1540479; said:
Wow that's some pressure;)

Fast forward a year or so:

'I have a 24'' Exodon with no teeth, Wes said it should have them by now.. please help' :ROFL:

Wes,
Thanks again for your help ;)
haha...maybe its a female., need dentures

not many have kept this fish for long in captivity so there should be little evidence to disprove what I have on this topic :)

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
fugupuff;1540487; said:
haha...maybe its a female., need dentures

not many have kept this fish for long in captivity so there should be little evidence to disprove what I have on this topic :)
I'm guessing and your right btw there is hardly any info on people keeping them, that he's a male due the bump slowly forming and the fact that he's a very moody fish. Very camera shy one minute and eating from the hand the next it all has to be on his terms!

By some weird coincidence bogwoodbruce was in the shop I got him from a month or so before we picked him up and by another even weirder coincidence he took a picture. I lost a lot of the early pictures I took because of a hard drive failure, for anyone interested this is what the was the monster to be was as a baby #405:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53820&page=41

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Sorry, to butt in 2 years and a day later in your thread. But I got a 4" juvie similar to your GG. It may be premature, but do you think its an exodon? Of course, there is not teeth showing due to age. There is about a 7-8 black bands with one of them going over his dot by caudal fin. Any ID would be awesome as it was sold as Osphronemus Gouramy for $7 USD at a local fish store. Thus far, it is not messing with my smaller cardinal tetras or plants in my heavliy stocked 75 gallon. I'm guessing it is a she, and will be moved to a 155.

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

crossleymarko

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
bolton uk
Below are 3 pics, he is a nightmare to take pictures of so I took a video instead and grabbed a frame. It still doesn't show what I wanted to so I've edited the original to highlight where these teeth like things are, there is another one on the other side.

If anyone has an rt or a normal gg can you look at yours and see if you can see anything like what I'm talking about.
Just a giggle I've included the tank label from the shop, they were so glad to finally find him a home they gave me the sticker, It made me laugh because a moonlight came into shot as I was taking it;)

Recognise them labels HAHAHA

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store