Osphronemus exodon, Elephant ear giant gourami

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
wow that looks like one! :headbang2 we'll see for sure when it's older :)

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Cohazard;1531033; said:
wow that looks like one! :headbang2 we'll see for sure when it's older :)
Looking at it, it looks more of a classically described one than ours, like you said, time will tell. It certainly does have the ears but ours goes through small color changes from time to time so it may not have them yet. Lets sit back and wait to see who gets bit first;)

Or the ears could be a shadow :ROFL:

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Fishes33;1530472; said:
What is this?

it show a tint red in my aquarium thou*

and it likes to shred plant if its too hungry (see the plant) :irked:
Plants and all ggs usually end up with no plants and a well fed ggs;)

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Here's some updated pics, as stated before he's a real pain to photograph because he knows what I'm doing and refuses to pose. All taken on max zoom from the other side of the room, the dark one was taken on flash and is the best pic I've even taken of him even though he looks like a redtail in it. It's the only time he's stayed still enough to use a long exposure. I really do hope that he and fishes33 both turn out to be EEs as this would prove very useful to people in the future....:

g1w.jpg

g2w.jpg

g3w.jpg

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Yanbbrox;1533212; said:
Looking at it, it looks more of a classically described one than ours, like you said, time will tell. It certainly does have the ears but ours goes through small color changes from time to time so it may not have them yet. Lets sit back and wait to see who gets bit first;)

Or the ears could be a shadow :ROFL:
Did you see the pics of the true exodon Wes (fugupuff) has? 12 or 16" one for sale $100

The teeth look cool, but I like the head pattern of gouramy more, but I will always like laticlavius the most. Well, I do like this little platinum albino one I had, but it got killed. Think I'll go pick up another to replace it.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Dovii dude;1534291; said:
Hope he turns out to be the fish you want!!!How big is he??
Personally I don't mind what he is but someone on here commented a while back day they didn't think he was an Exodon and I'm just looking for for a positive id, hence the question. It looks like it's going to be a waiting game until he gets bigger.

8.5'' to 9.5''

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Cohazard;1534813; said:
Did you see the pics of the true exodon Wes (fugupuff) has? 12 or 16" one for sale $100

The teeth look cool, but I like the head pattern of gouramy more, but I will always like laticlavius the most. Well, I do like this little platinum albino one I had, but it got killed. Think I'll go pick up another to replace it.
Thanks for the pointer, at least I now know where to look for the teeth and a picture of one too :headbang2

I've asked him to take a quick look if he's not to busy so hopefully he may be able to give help with a positive id.

That's why I love it here, everyone seems to know someone else who can help out......

The pic is here if anyone wants to take a look:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123993

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
What Wes says is final :thumbsup:

When he says something strait up with confidence its usually right (i'm yet to see him be wrong.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store