Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Any festae or a breeding dovii

fahakafunk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2007
L.A.
The meanest fishes I've kept were probably an Asian Red Tail Cat, and a Fahaka Puffer. The ARTC would lip lock with bigger aggressive cichlids like a Red Devil and a Jaguar, and it would kill fish that were too big to eat. The Fahaka would go from one fish to the next biting them, and those bites do damage. Either of these two fish would pretty much kill anything that was in with them eventually.

cichla666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
uk
my old mystus wyckii takes some beating!! used to try and kill peacock bass twice his size!! i have had several bad ass dovii over the years.. my current 18" male has suddenly become psycho! then of course there's my old umbees, festae, grammodes, tapajos pikes... all nasty!!

aoscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
grand rapids,mi
Buttikoferis, hands down. my first one chased kids, and tried to attack anyone who came within 3' of the tank, when I got him he was about 7-8" and had 2 oscars, a jag, and a green terror all 10-12" cowering in the same corner
when I took him home , I put him in my oscar tank with 4 10" oscars so I could set up a tank I had for him thinking he will be skiddish due to the ride home but boy was I wong he started within 30 seconds beating the hell out of all my oscars and my 16" plec

fahakafunk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2007
L.A.
aoscar;876464; said:
Buttikoferis, hands down. my first one chased kids, and tried to attack anyone who came within 3' of the tank, when I got him he was about 7-8" and had 2 oscars, a jag, and a green terror all 10-12" cowering in the same corner
when I took him home , I put him in my oscar tank with 4 10" oscars so I could set up a tank I had for him thinking he will be skiddish due to the ride home but boy was I wong he started within 30 seconds beating the hell out of all my oscars and my 16" plec

Yeah, Buttikoferis are pretty mean, then again, I was able to get mine to live relatively peacefully with a 5 Star General (Hemichromis Elongatus) and a Indo Dat. Cool fish, I like the blue tint that they have when healthy and it seems like they have red teeth.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
this isnt common, my first red tail payara must have been isolated in his own tank his whole life. he was about 9'' when i got him. he found a plant to hide under and i went 2 sleep. the next morn i found everyone slaughtered, and everyone was twice his size. after that about a month later i tried to put him with a huge oscar, the second he saw him he took a chunk out of his neck and killed him instantly

elykyelsna

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2006
Atlanta, GA USA
my meanest is my big clown knife, he gets pissy and will snap at the polypterus in the tank, second to him would be my rhino pleco! he wont even let my endlicheri near the stump he protects!

Dovii dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Massachusetts
www.Tanbusters.com
I totally agree with Aoscar,Butt"s are super mean and aggressive,2nd would be a Dovii,3rd in my opinion even though they stay kinda small i would go with the "Jewel"cichlid,these fish are totally insane!!!They dont care about thier opponents size,its just kill,kill,kill!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store