Post pics of your Electric Blue Jack Dempsey!

trashcan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
Kansas City
Mark,

If you don't mind saying who did you order those from? Do they all have the slightly longer top fin? It looks really nice.

LeahisAwesome

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2008
Not where I'd like to be, Maryland
Yeah in that tank i have JDs
the green terror
a texas cichlid
A red devil/ midas ?
and a jeweled cichlid
Im about to do some rearranging ..
the only ones that have issues are the RD Tex against everyone else.
They just chase the others ..no one fights.

trashcan;2485049; said:
Looks like you have him in there with a green terror/gold saum. Any problems with aggression? What's on the left, Jack Dempsey?

Markm0723

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2008
Mobile, AL
trashcan;2485252; said:
Mark,

If you don't mind saying who did you order those from? Do they all have the slightly longer top fin? It looks really nice.
Yes, they all have the full dorsal fin. They came from Yankeebetta on Aquabid. As I recall, he said that these are from a Hollywood X LFS line.

Mark

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
I almost got a 1" ebjd today for $2.50 but the pet store will never sell me fish if they know they're mismarked. Pisses me off! I went to school with the kid that orders their fish for them though so I'm going to go in there wednesday and order some fish from them @ wholesale. I can get 1" ebjd's for $10.99.

Markm0723

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2008
Mobile, AL
hailmike;2485299; said:
nice 'schooling,' mark. do they do that often?
The three biggest "school" most of the time. The smallest one tends to stay more to itself, except at feeding time, then its a Battle Royal.:)

Mark

trashcan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
Kansas City
Thanks!! I'm going to get a pair of those. I really like the dorsal fin thing. Hopefully when they get bigger the males don't fight as much as regular Jack Dempsies.

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Camphilophus;2485361; said:
I almost got a 1" ebjd today for $2.50 but the pet store will never sell me fish if they know they're mismarked. Pisses me off! I went to school with the kid that orders their fish for them though so I'm going to go in there wednesday and order some fish from them @ wholesale. I can get 1" ebjd's for $10.99.

I can't breed them for $2.50 each...

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
Great looking fish.
I heard they tend to die within first 2 yrs for no reason not easy to keep like reg Dempsey?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store