Potential dream tank.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
How you gonna breed midas with a single tank? Mine would eat all the fry, so I had to move the fry to a different tank if I wanted to keep any.

220 with a sump?

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
What do you mean? The 560 would go in the living room as a display tank, one 125 would go in the bed room and then the other 125 would go to a dedicated fish room. That's assuming I have temporary extra rooms for future kids.

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Take a look at Lee Nuttal's tanks. I don't know of anybody that does big tanks better IMO. I want to say his main show tank is 4' wide. The width really makes the tank look natural and shows the big fish off.

I don't keep the monster fish, but is 36" height necessary? I think I would opt for 24".
I love his tanks. Best aquascsping and choices in species.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I have some fry living in my sump right now. :) It's the first time I've had fish breed, so I don't know much about fry. But I had a couple batches, and the first batch about half the fry went over the weir and into the sump.

The second batch I put in a 20 gallon tank.

The fry in the sump grew MUCH faster, more survived, and I don't even know what they ate for the first 2 months when I didn't know they were in there.

Fry in the sump works REAL good.

I just don't know how I'm gonna net 'em outta there.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'm still working my way through them lol some seriously fascinating stuff. I've never learned so much about fish keeping in my life untill I discovered Joey02's You-tube channel.
Same here. Its pretty helpful

Reactions: Lady Sphinx
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store