Pure Superspot Motoro - Anybody bred them?

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
I disagree to some extent. :)

It is somewhat common for Peruvian motoros to show some extra spotting. Some even look like the ray in OP's post (pretty sure I can find some examples from Raul and alex - will take a look).

Furthermore, it seems that most peruvian motoros have the "super spot" pattern. But it only shows when the animal/s is placed in a very bright tank (fx White).

You will find tons of info/examples of that here: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?146664-my-superspot-rays/page4

(example)

Also, former member AlexG, did alot of crossbreeding with peruvian motoros and falkneris. I do not remember any of them looking like OP's ray.

Just my 2 cent. :)
that light spotting on the picture as well as examples on the other thread.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
I have received 2 super spots. And both were wild caught and in rough shape lice parasites etc. If they are hybrids then.it is occurring in nature.

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Just for comparison, this is a local superspot male that I was able to trace. This is not mine, but asked permission from the owner to post the pics up. It doesn't have much spot as my female, but the closes that I was able to traced.

two pics below are of the same fish.

ray prospect 1.jpeg

ray prospect 2.jpeg

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
I would say there is some falk somewhere along the line there. First thought was hybrid, and im sticking to that :) veeery nice one tho!
It could also be a "local" variation in the pattern. :) As you can see (in my link), many peruvian motoros have this underlying "super spot" patteren (some look very marble like). :)

Marbles look very diffrent to the motoro, yet I have never heard anyone claim that they stem from hybridization down the line. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store