Raninus tank

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
Nice, are you using that lush fert? Works great in my tanks, brings back half dead plants....
only every two weeks, i didn't notice much before but now i changed my water schedule the plants have gone full growth mode hahaha. i think i was keeping the water too clean, I know that sounds weird but drop my water changes to every two weeks and everything is growing without much change in my levels

How are your raninus, sure mine has hardly grown, has a massivore pellet every two days atm, accidently dropped two in the other day and the greedy sod ate both and was swollen like a gulper cat lol... Not bad for a 3inch fish!
well there growth has slowed down alot. biggest is 4-5" maybe. i need to get them out for a measure up. mine eat mostly fresh thawed prawns and fillet with a few catfish sinking pellets in there.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
as requested @justarn @Evz jardini(bad pictures) pics of the set up, its very much a jungle.

at the weekend ill get some better pics.

i recently added 3 more young yoyo loach (4 total now) to try and get the snails under control. also on friday i should be getting my amazon puffer to grow out and that will be added in the future.

Reactions: jared reed

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
looking great mate, proper blanketed over. do you ever see the jellys lol? must be time for a measure soon surely?

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
yeh one of them sits out under a big of driftwood at the front, they are quite often out and about i think all the growth makes them feel secure.

yeh i feel a measure coming on so i'll try and do it on saturday

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Mine never comes out but protects his hide like a sycophantic maniac, he grabbed my 9inch tt eel by the tail the other day and wouldn't let go... does share the tank with the generals, gt, giant snakehead and dovii tho lol!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looks great shane I'm trying to grow on the surface in my tank for my jar to swin between (not long enough yet though ) , give assassin snails a go they'll sort the snail population out quickly.

Justin no wonder your jelly is savage your growout sounds like royal rumble lol

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
lol justin your grow out tank sound like the worse nursery in the world hahahahah most mine have to deal with is a bostrus angel when they got fry (they dont last that long lol) and maybe a yoyo getting to close.

although i may need to re stock on small barbs as the cherrys are down to about 3 again now

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
Looks great shane I'm trying to grow on the surface in my tank for my jar to swin between (not long enough yet though ) , give assassin snails a go they'll sort the snail population out quickly.

Justin no wonder your jelly is savage your growout sounds like royal rumble lol
what you growing on surface mate?? im over run lol. once they are established you can lower water changes slightly. this tank will actually go about 2 months before anything climes in to warning levels but im currently water changing once a month (normally every 3 weeks)

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
lol. believe it or not they all get on pretty well atm!-) dovi is about 4inch, micro the same... its the generals and gt that don't like each other but no real damage, obviously the peace wont last but I have dividers!-)
I need more plants, cant keep that darn java fern alive? been trying to root in onto bog wood, anubas are doing well on wood tho... is that that water lettuce stuff in yours?

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
yeh i generally keep amazon swords, java ,anuba and on top i have mix of floating plates mostly water lettuce (grow about 1-2" across) and giant water lettuce (4-8" across) but there is other stuff floating and growing on the top hahaha i just got a load i brought on line and its mixed. i alway have moss balls in my tanks but in this tank i broke them up and tied them to a piece of slate then ties java moss to the top so it's sort of hidden cause the plecs love to rip it up.

i was having issue getting my javas to go at any sort of rate until i started to change my water changes, i also avoid moving them at all once they start growing they seem to take a while but once they start if you move them the slow again. also they grow better with reduced water changes than with fretz added IMPO. the floater control the level well on there own, i have them in every tank even the dovii dont rip them up like everything else lol.

if justarn justarn and Evz jardini Evz jardini want some drop me a text i'll stick some in a bag and send them over, they dont take long to grow from a couple, saves buying them. i recently took a shopping bag full to a local shop i can't grow enough lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store