Ray Rice suspended indefinitely from NFL!

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
In Rice's case, yes you are right. Your statement was a comment on Sumo's that didn't necessarily pertain to this particular incident, thus it wouldn't be contained to this incident either.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I had to reread that twice. What?? How can you possibly justify a man hitting a woman? Stunned on that one.
lol, so, you actually read my post twice and still failed to comprehend what I was saying?

what did you do? read the first sentence and just ran with it?? even if you did do that, what part of "if the situation calls for it" didn't you get?

In Rice's case, yes you are right. Your statement was a comment on Sumo's that didn't necessarily pertain to this particular incident, thus it wouldn't be contained to this incident either.
thank you. and actually I thought I made it pretty clear that in this particular incident striking the woman was wrong

although, if a woman came at me with a knife i'd deck her with a closed fist as hard as I can to be honest

I have a wife and kids who's well being depends on me. In that situation I will protect myself like my life depended on it

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Yep,and even if he doesn't find himself in front of a judge he will realize that he did not get away with what he did when after his bank account dwindles and withers away there will be no more big money coming in for him to waste.
I wouldn't be so sure. The flames will die down and someone will try and get him cheap, just look at Michael Vick.

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
lol, so, you actually read my post twice and still failed to comprehend what I was saying?

what did you do? read the first sentence and just ran with it?? even if you did do that, what part of "if the situation calls for it" didn't you get
I was shocked someone could justify hitting a woman. I was trying to decide if you got your words twisted or were actually a pos.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wouldn't be so sure. The flames will die down and someone will try and get him cheap, just look at Michael Vick.
Yeah,a lot has been said about Vick and his crimes.He did his time for them and was welcomed back by the NFL but I hope that Rice is viewed differently as the brutal woman beater that he is and not reinstated....Some things you don't deserve a second chance for...

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Yeah,a lot has been said about Vick and his crimes.He did his time for them and was welcomed back by the NFL but I hope that Rice is viewed differently as the brutal woman beater that he is and not reinstated....Some things you don't deserve a second chance for...
To some degree, harming a dog is much more frowned upon that hitting a woman. At least, it tends to get a lot more attention than the other. How many ASPCA commercials do you see versus how many abuse hotline commercials? People seem to have more empathy towards animals than they do towards people.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good points.I can't remember the last time I saw any kind of PSA regarding domestic abuse.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I was shocked someone could justify hitting a woman. I was trying to decide if you got your words twisted or were actually a pos.
what was there to even try to decide? again, my post was clear was it not? tell me what it was about my post that you have a hard time understanding?

besides, I can think of 100 scenario's where it'd be ok to hit a woman. you seriously think that it is never ever ok to hit a woman no matter what the situation is??

To some degree, harming a dog is much more frowned upon that hitting a woman. At least, it tends to get a lot more attention than the other. How many ASPCA commercials do you see versus how many abuse hotline commercials? People seem to have more empathy towards animals than they do towards people.

some may argue that the animal has no choice in the situation where as people can choose to take themselves out of the bad situation

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I had to reread that twice. What?? How can you possibly justify a man hitting a woman? Stunned on that one.
If a woman comes at me with the intent to hurt me... I don't have any problem hitting them. Sorry, but I'm not a punching bag.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
some may argue that the animal has no choice in the situation where as people can choose to take themselves out of the bad situation
Plus, an adult always has the option to learn how to defend themselves. Whether or not they are smart enough to do so is a different question. That's what a lot of people equate animal abuse with child abuse. The lack of choice, as Sumo mentioned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store