RC 540 Gallon CA Community Build

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
It's been a busy few days. Running PVC pipe is a PITA. So I got the tank on the stand....took the obligatory kid in a tank photo..
Kid in Tank.JPG

Then I started putting together the plumbing to tie the drains together. A pair of 2 inch drains, to a 4 inch Tee to tie them together, and into a 4 inch Slice Gate valve. Then coming out of the Gate Valve, 4 inch line Tees off again to 2 2 inch lines to the 4 Filter bags in the sump.

Sump Drainage 1.JPG

Sump Drainage Bags.JPG

Sump Front.JPG

I've cut up A LOT of 2 inch PVC pipe over the last couple days.
Ryobi.JPG

I only glued 1 overflow so far--I want to just look at it, think it through, so I don't glue myself "into a corner", and have to rip it all out and start over. But, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with this.

Kid in Tank.JPG

Sump Drainage 1.JPG

Sump Drainage Bags.JPG

Sump Front.JPG

Ryobi.JPG

Reactions: Brian Rodgers

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
SICK!!!!!

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Tank is beautiful not so sure about that wall paper though :p
I almost tore the wall paper down and repainted the room--or just painted over the wallpaper--until they told me the tank was shipping. And now that the tank is in, the wallpaper's stayin'. At one point, me and my brother in law even considered pulling up the carpet, until he told me what a project it would be to smooth the concrete floor underneath the carpet. I might repaint the room at some point. Think I could just cover the tank with a drop cloth and paint over the wallpaper? Fish wouldn't care.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
How many Loc-Line nozzles do I run? The tank is 44 inches wide--do I run 2 or 3? more?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I'm all done gluing PVC under the tank. Used a drop cloth to keep blue PVC cement from spilling and drying on the sump. Now, it seems I'm gonna need to glue black PVC INSIDE the tank. What a pain. So I'm gonna have to mask the tank to keep cement off the acrylic. I can't find a black PVC elbow with threads on BOTH ends!

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
NO LEAKS!!!!!! All the 2 inch drain work, the 4 inch tees and gate valve, all holding water right now. I put about a foot of water in the overflow towers to test the drains, and the overflow towers don't leak, either. NOTHING LEAKS! I'm waiting on some black PVC and Loc-Line from glass-holes right now, and I can plumb the pumps up and fill the tank. Gettin close.

I had to move my trash can full of SeaChem Matrix inside because it's supposed to get cold tonite. Think I'll feed it some more ammonia to make sure that's still reading all 0's in a couple days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store