red wolf fish comptibility

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
You've got to take pictures and videos of your 2000 and 1800 gallon tanks.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Definitely! Those setups sounds awesome! To the Captain... I disagree you need anywhere near a 1000 gallon for those fish aside from the dimensions that would be needed by the giraffe catfish. Do not start all that in an 80 gallon though.... The Oscar by himself would be good in the 80. I would focus on getting the 80 and getting it cycled

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Ya I wouldnt start them all at once do to not enough space and faster growth rates so ill start of with either an oscar or ropefish.

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
i have a 9"-10" white tip wolf which is essentially the same as a red wolf fish (assuming we are talking about erythrinus) and I just recently moved him into a 135 south american/ central american cichlid community and he is doing fine. Not as much of a glass banger as he was when he was by himself in a 50g but still eating well, holding his ground and in overall good health. I think you will temporarily be okay as long as you do constant water changes and filter heavily, all of those fish are pretty messy fish.

+1 with oscarum tho. Just an oscar would be better, Oscars are super interactive and fun fish to own.

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Ok thanks GreenTerror7 I will keep this info in mind and im thinking of getting a custom/commercial filter or Ill stick to regular canister filters you can get at aquarium stores.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store