reticulated stingrays

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
i have 2 clown knifes in my tank theyre 12+" but they had one at the lfs with a motoro and the stingray killed it i would really like a smal colorful fish that breed alot so if the ray would eat a fish it wouldnt be a huge deal...

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
all_or_nothin;3752912; said:
i have 2 clown knifes in my tank theyre 12+" but they had one at the lfs with a motoro and the stingray killed it i would really like a smal colorful fish that breed alot so if the ray would eat a fish it wouldnt be a huge deal...
Im pretty sure they'd all get eaten before they could even get to the breeding part. They can eat ALOT more than you think they can. You'll be surprised when you get your first ray.

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
ok so what if i cycled the tank with red zebras would that give them a head start in breeding theyre $8 each so ive i got like 5 would that be good?

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
I thought you meant like a couple dozen LOL. Unless you happen to have more than 100 by the end of your cycling period, I wouldn't expect there to be any fry left at all, and eventually all the adults killed if your rays cannot eat them.

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
ok so what if i put a flower pot faceing towards the corners in all of the corners to where the cichlids could be in there and the ray couldnt get to them?

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
Some pictures would be nice, im more like one of those guys who looks at the pictures then figures it out........ like pop up books those are my favorite lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store