reticulated stingrays

all_or_nothin

Eastern Painted Turtle
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
IN
ok then lol i have a huge jar that the stingray couldnt get in but kribs could live in and im bout to breed some kribs so il have an unlimited suply so what would you sugest for tank mates?

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
i dont have any experience with the snook or kribs, but you dont want to try to breed anything with a ray as the ray will most likely eat the fry. also some fish will try to protect the fry and/or the eggs so they could in turn damage the ray. i have had the later kill a ray so find what works for you and be ready to move fish around. use the search also cause this is a popular question and it will give you plenty to read about what works for some ppl and what dosent. gl and remember with your tank that the footprint is more important than the height, so get the biggest tank you have room for.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
one of the best ways to get ideas for tankmates is to look at everyone that has them...see what is with them and bam you have your stock list....as for the pots, if the rays don't move them the cichlids will have to come out at some point...it wont work...

careifsteck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2010
Dubuque, ia
Bred Cribs in one of my tanks once. They are very calm until they have fri. Then will pick at any thing that gets near them. My guess is ray eyes. Loved breeding kribs by the way very caring fish. The only one I ever saw care for young as well. Until of course my Discus.

evojoey

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
Turnersville, South Jersey
I have Geo's in with my retics. They do great together. Try and stick with a calmer species. I wouldn't do Red Zebra's, they are african cichlids and very aggressive. Wouldn't do kribs either. They'll get eaten, no matter how many hiding spots you have. Steer clear of the snook. You want something peaceful, that grows 6" or so. Severems, Geo's, Uaru. In a 125 you could do a group of 6-8 geo's and they rays. You don't like discus... how about angels? There a a lot of options for tankmates, but like I said before, they can't be aggressive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store