Retroculus Xinguensis and Lapidifer Growth Journal

baseballman1321

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2010
usa
Coming along nice! My xingunesis looks almost like that but, its not as deep. How's the lapidifers? My biggest guy is about 5" now and recently added 3 guys about 1.5". I try and get some shots to update them. My theme kinda got ruined by adding a bunch of Nicaraguan cichlids but, they seem to be coexisting fine.
Thanks. My lapidifer is a little bit bigger than the xinguensis but still growing slow but it will be all worth it when they are full grown. And deffinatley try and get some pics of yours

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
So I was thinking about getting 3 more lapidifers to add to a 55 with the two currently 3" ones I already have. Someone told me their adults were very aggressive with each other. How are yours as far as conspecific aggression goes?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
So I was thinking about getting 3 more lapidifers to add to a 55 with the two currently 3" ones I already have. Someone told me their adults were very aggressive with each other. How are yours as far as conspecific aggression goes?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Right now I got 7 all together, biggest about 5" and smallest about 2". Right now the biggest seems the most aggressive towards the second biggest and doesn't seem to bother the younger guys. I think they are like most fish where they would prefer a number of them and maybe when they get older to disperse the aggression.

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
These guy are sure slow growers but, if you house them and feed them right they gain some size pretty fast. I think my 2 biggest are about a year and a half old.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store