Seeing movement!!!

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Just have patience. It was longer than a month for the birth when we noticed movements from a mantilla.

grapedinox

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spokane Wa
Well she has now quit eating and is just sitting in the corner of the tank.....I have heard they usually quit eating a few days prior.....

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Good luck.

Steve

grapedinox

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spokane Wa
Well the no eating only lasted a day and then she went back to being her typical piggy self. Still seeing a ton of movement....but as of yet no pups. I have been pregnant myself 4 times and I swear I am more anxious for this than I was with my own children LOL

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Thanks for the update,im anxious for you lol

steve

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
grapedinox;4263451; said:
I have been pregnant myself 4 times and I swear I am more anxious for this than I was with my own children LOL
I don't blame you. Whatever the outcome, this should be less stressful/painful for you... hopefully.:D

grapedinox

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spokane Wa
Still nothing...... however now the male is acting extremely strange, he is mid swimming in the tank, ALOT. I would say he is spending 95 percent of his time swimming the tank and I don't mean up the sides, I mean swimming around the tank with the rest of the fish. Could he be anxious too? I know they say the males want nothing to do with the females once they are pregnant but this doesn't seem to be the case with him, I think he really misses her. They sit nose to nose at the divider and just fluff sand back and forth. I thought something was maybe wrong with him but he is still eating like a horse and other than just being way more active than normal he looks good and eats good. Anybody else had this kind of activity in a male who only has one other stingray in the tank. I am wondering if they have just become a truely mated pair. Any opinions would be great. Nothing I should worry about right?

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
maybe she is getting really close and he is anxious to get back with her. sometimes you hear of a ray a day or two before start chasing the female again a little bit but he cant reach her. and since you have been seeing movement for a while it should be getting very close. at least this is what i hope it is maybe someone with more experience will say something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store