Setting up a used 210

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
With everything I've looked at, it looks like white is white. Maybe you can go down to a pale blue, but that's about it. I think if I get two 5m strips then I can use one on light blue and one on white and get what I want.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I think if I get two 5m strips then I can use one on light blue and one on white and get what I want.
I think that would work out well. With the 2 strips you can experiment with many color combinations. You can even kinda reenact lightning storms :)

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
The tank is going in front of a 9' wide window. I want the sunlight to come through. So no background is planned.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
The tank is going in front of a 9' wide window. I want the sunlight to come through. So no background is planned.
The overflows will look ugly from the back side, something to consider if it's the front of your house lol. I would suggest starting with a strong plant like pothos in the sump or hanging out of the tank to keep algae at bay. Depending on how much sunlight you get you could save yourself a little or a lot of scraping.

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
I'm going to have an algae scrubber in the sump facing the light. I also plan to keep a prochilodus. I've kept a tank in a window before. It was a 90g in a bay window. The proch took care of it all. As you can see, he was going in here in the picture. This bay window got a lot more sun than the window in my new house does.

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
The overflows will look ugly from the back side, something to consider if it's the front of your house lol. I would suggest starting with a strong plant like pothos in the sump or hanging out of the tank to keep algae at bay. Depending on how much sunlight you get you could save yourself a little or a lot of scraping.
It's on the back of the house. I am going to cover up those sides of the overflow boxes with either black paper or fabric.

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
My original plan was to use this tank as a room divider, even with overflows like this. Within a couple of years I'll have a 5x4 beside where I'm putting this one to use as a room divider. Then I'll probably get rid of this one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store