sharing my arapaima

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
You should go ahead and move him to the pond now. Zoo is right. Don't wait for it to settle in and have to start over when you move him. He could hurt himself in that tank.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Nice fish, but it already needs more space. It can touch both sides of the tank.
yes indeed he does not have much space in the tank but i will have to keep him in the tank for at least the next 2 weeks because there is a rtc who is 12 inches in the pond and i dont want him to get eaten. but in 2 weeks time the arapaima will grow at least 2 inches well thats what i have heard:).
so hopefully he will be in the pond after a couple of weeks

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
You should go ahead and move him to the pond now. Zoo is right. Don't wait for it to settle in and have to start over when you move him. He could hurt himself in that tank.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
true mate i have removed decorations from the tank so he wont hurt himself. he will be moved into the pond in the next few weeks

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Growth rate will be slowed down in a tank that lacks enough room for the fish. 2" in 2 weeks probably won't happen.
okay i will move him to the pond by next week. i already have plans for even a larger pond than my current one to house the pima

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
My LFS had a small one. It could be fun to have in my 600 gal tank 4 ft by 8 ft.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store