Siamese carp "calming" fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Common carps will never become native or naturalized in the Americas, period. They will always be invasive species in every states. That's why there are no limits on them and they are many removal and eradication programs just for specifically common carps. There have many studies that proved carps are responsible for increased turbidity and altered ecosystems. Of course the pea water lakes without any carps may have other issues but I've found out that many pea water lakes hold highest populations of carps in my area. Clear lakes usually are void of carps or very few carps.

I think you have some serious problem that you won't move on and keeps going on that you want to me to admitted that I'm wrong. So far I hasn't been wrong in here this time and you can just stop posting because this is last time I will reply to your ignorant/childish posts.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Actually common carp have become naturalized in most of America. Even thou these fish are not technically native/indigenous, they actually are, it's a thin line on how you explain it.

There are way to many variables on both sides of these arguments. I caught a mirror carp for my aquarium, caught him with a regular size hook on bread. Put him in a tote, no stringer and put him in my tank, he ate like a champ. I've caught many carp over the years and used a stringer both through the gills and under their mouth, thou under their mouths it's very easy for the fish to rip the stringer all the way through their mouth. I've had fish die both ways, actually a third way with the stringer through their gills, and also live. Just depends on the strength of the fish, stress and many other factors as to why the die or live, eat or not.

Carp are here to stay, kill as many as you like, in almost any body of water, you wont get rid of them, fighting an endless battle. I've seen lakes that are muddy all year long and full of carp, I've seen the same for lakes that are crystal clear and have a ton of carp in them as well. It's just the way it goes, they have learned to co-exist with our "native/Indigenous" fish. The same can be said about the Peacock Bass and Snakeheads in Florida, neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

Common Carp are not invasive in every state, in Minnesota yes but Kentucky, no. For KY they have Silver/Bighead carp listed as invasive but not Common Carp.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Sorry but the common carps will never become naturalized in North America if there are removal programs for them and that we still have problems with them just like the feral hogs which been in North America many years before the first common carps arrived, yet we do not considered the feral pigs as naturalized. That's my opinion.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Sorry but the common carps will never become naturalized in North America if there are removal programs for them and that we still have problems with them just like the feral hogs which been in North America many years before the first common carps arrived, yet we do not considered the feral pigs as naturalized. That's my opinion.
So because you "say" it is, that's how it's going to be? You have the final say so? I know you told me many times you are an expert but dang....

Just because you live in a state that has removal programs, doesn't mean that every state that has a carp population has a removal program, why can't you comprehend this?

Here, for your reading pleasure

http://books.google.com/books?id=31...al pigs naturalized in united states&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=lH...ommon carp are naturalized in america&f=false

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I think you should listen to JasonGoneFishing, he knows what hes talking about.

You really don't know the definition of native lol..
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=native+definition

If something is born at a specific place then its native to that place. Carp being introduced around the 1830's they have been native ever since. Your less than native than carp are in a sense.

Carp are here to stay, the only way your gonna get rid of carp in the state is if you poison all the lakes and kill everything in the lake essentially. They are naturalized end of story. ;)

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
No Jason doesn't know what he is talking about and I don't considered him as an expert on many subjects. Common carps are not native and they will never labeled as naturalized in North America, period.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
No Jason doesn't know what he is talking about and I don't considered him as an expert on many subjects. Common carps are not native and they will never labeled as naturalized in North America, period.
Nope, I no nothing at all. You are the expert and the smartest person I know and everyone else.

Even thou you didn't prove me wrong and I proved you wrong, I still know nothing, even with links to books about this topic.

I wish I knew everything and anything about all the fish in world, such as yourself, by now you should be the director of your state when it comes to fish and I'm sure animals as well.

You see, you called yourself an expert on open forum and when you PM me, never once said I was an expert even thou you keep saying you don't claim me to be, I don't claim to be and never will be. I guess I'm an expert at something as you since since I'm not an expert at many subject so I must be an expert on some subject right?

I know it's hard for you to be wrong and that's OK, everyone is wrong at some point in their life. One of these days you will accept.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Nope, I know nothing at all. You are the expert and the smartest person I know and everyone else.

Even thou you didn't prove me wrong and I proved you wrong, I still know nothing, even with links to books about this topic.

I wish I knew everything and anything about all the fish in world, such as yourself, by now you should be the director of your state when it comes to fish and I'm sure animals as well.

You see, you called yourself an expert on open forum and when you PM me, never once said I was an expert even thou you keep saying you don't claim me to be, I don't claim to be and never will be. I guess I'm an expert at something since you say I'm not an expert at many subjects so I must be an expert on some subject right?

I know it's hard for you to be wrong and that's OK, everyone is wrong at some point in their life. One of these days you will accept.
Had to fix my post, was in a hurry to leave :)

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Ok first off you sir don't even understand what native means. There are more than one meaning to a word like cape for an example. Its a super humans dress apparel, a junction of two parts of water, or the skin from the neck to the head of a hunted animal.

Native's definitions straight from google
noun
a person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth, whether subsequently resident there or not.

adjective
  • associated with the country, region, or circumstances of a person's birth.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"he's a native New Yorker"[/COLOR]
    (of a plant or animal) of indigenous origin or growth.

So when you say "Common carps are not native and they will never labeled as naturalized in North America, period." You are just making yourself look like a ignorant fool.

You THINK you are an expert because you apparently interned and worked for the state as a INTERN. I interned as a c++, java, python, ruby software engineer yet it doesn't make me an expert on any of these languages. Unless you have a masters and +30 years in the field you are no expert you are a minimal service employ plain and simple. You're knowledge is so burled and you don't even get definitions of the word native.

Here is what Texas wild life has to say.
The carp has earned its status as a naturalized
Texan, and gives every indication that it’s here to stay
Here's the source straight from Texas wild life,
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_br_t3200_1429.pdf

So just because you interned and you are a self declared expert, why is the division you work/working for saying that carp are naturalized and you the intern make a bold statement stating
The division that protects and handles wild life declared carp naturalized and ughh I believe Texas is in North America isn't it cluts? You're field experience is like me taking one online class to be a computer software engineer and then saying I'm a expert of the c++ language when I only touched on classes when classes is the fundamental foundation of all codding we use today.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Actually common carp have become naturalized in most of America. Even thou these fish are not technically native/indigenous, they actually are, it's a thin line on how you explain it.

There are way to many variables on both sides of these arguments. I caught a mirror carp for my aquarium, caught him with a regular size hook on bread. Put him in a tote, no stringer and put him in my tank, he ate like a champ. I've caught many carp over the years and used a stringer both through the gills and under their mouth, thou under their mouths it's very easy for the fish to rip the stringer all the way through their mouth. I've had fish die both ways, actually a third way with the stringer through their gills, and also live. Just depends on the strength of the fish, stress and many other factors as to why the die or live, eat or not.

Carp are here to stay, kill as many as you like, in almost any body of water, you wont get rid of them, fighting an endless battle. I've seen lakes that are muddy all year long and full of carp, I've seen the same for lakes that are crystal clear and have a ton of carp in them as well. It's just the way it goes, they have learned to co-exist with our "native/Indigenous" fish. The same can be said about the Peacock Bass and Snakeheads in Florida, neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

Common Carp are not invasive in every state, in Minnesota yes but Kentucky, no. For KY they have Silver/Bighead carp listed as invasive but not Common Carp.

+1 My carp basically didnt eat because they were in a 14,000 gallon pond which makes food delivery nearly impossible as they are wild. If they were in a tank they would easily see the food and consume it.

Rebel stated that I caught +16 inch adults and that was the reason why without a doubt, then after proving they were merely a foot he says its because I caught them on hooks which is just plain stupid as I use #8-#10 hooks.

Then with his back to the wall he says its because they were on stringers when they were correctly strung and only strung for about 20 mins before I transported them.

Hes no expert and he is plain wrong. Hopefully he will one day understand that hes not an expert and he isn't right all the time. Judging from his posts I bet people around him in his life note it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store