Single, hard water occupant for 200 gal

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hey guys. My big tank is almost empty and I'm looking for a single occupant that will live for a good long while in my 80x24x24 tank. Something that will do well in my 18 dH san diego tap water. Thinking about a jardini, but open to other options. Thanks in advance!

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
*He's living in CA so no Piranha for him.
**Jardini is boring...
***Dovii is a mean badass personality for a SINGLE display....

Reactions: Frank Castle

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
I am biased but I like the idea of a fire eel.
Neat idea. I'm thinking about leaving the tank completely bare though, I don't think the eel would appreciate.

Large black rhom piranha
Yep, I'm in cali. We have the stupidest laws.

***Dovii is a mean badass personality for a SINGLE display....
For some reason, dovii are hard to find here. I think it's because most fish keepers in San diego appear to be mentally handicapped, so none of the local stores stock them. I would love one though.

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
You could always order the Dovii. A single fish in a large tank, going to occupy it up to 15 years, the shipping cost shouldn't really be a factor.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
For some reason, dovii are hard to find here. I think it's because most fish keepers in San diego appear to be mentally handicapped, so none of the local stores stock them. I would love one though.
If you're willing to drive up to Orange County, there is a store in Fountain Valley (Tong's Tropical Fish), they got a tank full of juv. blue dovii (the store labeled) size 1.5~2 inches selling for 10 bucks each, If you decide to buy from them you must quarantine them cause I'm already saw sigh of ich and some infections between them due to fighting with each others.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store