Single, hard water occupant for 200 gal

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
A smaller tigerfish species? Or some larger puffer?

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
If you're willing to drive up to Orange County, there is a store in Fountain Valley (Tong's Tropical Fish), they got a tank full of juv. blue dovii (the store labeled) size 1.5~2 inches selling for 10 bucks each, If you decide to buy from them you must quarantine them cause I'm already saw sigh of ich and some infections between them due to fighting with each others.
Ended up going with the jar due to availability. Still pretty happy with my selection. It's a great looking fish, and I'm excited to be keeping another arowana.

Do u only want a single fish due to less maintenance?
Single fish partially due to the maintenance, and partially because I miss having a monster. I wanted something mean :)

20161007_170641.jpg

20161007_182616.jpg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
He does look very nice. A guy at an LFS that i dont frequent said i could keep a jardini in my 70 gal :eek:

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Ended up going with the jar due to availability. Still pretty happy with my selection. It's a great looking fish, and I'm excited to be keeping another arowana.

Single fish partially due to the maintenance, and partially because I miss having a monster. I wanted something mean :)

View attachment 1208301

View attachment 1208302
Nice, look at all the space for him...this one gonna grow freaking fast.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I visited the store yesterday and stood in front of Dovii fries tank for 20 minutes then I decided to pick the most dominant one out of hundred fries in there LOL. Its meant attitude also biggest one in tank (beating/chasing all others around) I would say its a male hahaha Its already eating like a pig in my tank. I'm thinking to hybrid breed it with a Jag later :p

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I visited the store yesterday and stood in front of Dovii fries tank for 20 minutes then I decided to pick the most dominant one out of hundred fries in there LOL. Its meant attitude also biggest one in tank (beating/chasing all others around) I would say its a male hahaha Its already eating like a pig in my tank. I'm thinking to hybrid breed it with a Jag later :p
My one teacher has a Jag X Dovii

Its super pretty but i have NEVER seen a dovii in person. ..

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
My one teacher has a Jag X Dovii

Its super pretty but i have NEVER seen a dovii in person. ..
I used to have both Dovii and Jag (Hunduras Jag) pair, but I never try to cross breed them. The blue shine + a jag body pattern from google image does look awesome and motivate me try to cross breed them :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store