Snakehead river monsters

kingkarter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2010
MI
Szar;4122888; said:
Host comes of as a fool, lots of sensationalism in the show.

At least they did not blame fish keepers for releasing them.
um fish keeper are the one that let them go so fish keepers are the ones to be blamed

GetInMahBellay;4206833; said:
LMAO yes its the same guy, I saw that episode haha it was so stupid.

Some girl at school asked me if I watched this show and I was like no I'm not going to waste 30 minutes watching some old pedophile feed the public lies about harmless fish, you want to learn about fish you visit my crib (of course I'm paraphrasing, there was some mild profanity...:grinno:)
you my my good man are a dumb @$$

knox_rbp;4319875; said:
yeah it was a pool of piranha not pacu and it wasn't done for him to be "badass", it was done to show that piranha aren't vicious man-eaters that just kill anything that moves. I thought that was one of the main things most of of P keepers on MFK try to do, is dispel the myths and promote the truth about these fish. I'm curious where this guy being a pedophile came from. Care to explain that comment?

verry good point

Irondale

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I thought the show was great, but I think the host is very dramatic. I think he made it sound like snakeheads were worse than they are. Like they are man eaters. But thats hollywood **** coming from his mouth. He's a good guy, but the snakehead problem is wayyy above any of our heads.

rayeo88

Feeder Fish
Sep 15, 2011
yishun, singapore
Solutions to US snakehead/silver carp problem:
1. Catch the fish and export them to Asia for consumption.
2. Forget Bassmasters, how about SnakeHead Masters? better for the enviroment and snakeheads are great fighting fish too.
3. Pet/Animal feed. If you truly love the enviroment, feed the cat silver carp flavored food instead of endanged tuna. Fishmeal is also a good source of protein for poultry/swine feed.

Or the easiest solution of all, Americans should just learn to eat them. if every american ate one of these fish a day, i can almost guarantee the problem will be fixed in a couple of years. cheers

fish_sauce

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Taiwan
Jeremy Wade also forgot to mention that one of the giant snakeheads favorite foods is small pets and children. In Asia, they crawl out of the water at night, and sneak into villages to eat them. Villagers often wake up in the morning, with missing children and pets. Also, one of the piranhas favorite foods is the male genital of all sorts of animals, including humans. Back in the days, when people became eunichs, they were often thrown into a pool of piranhas. They would pull out the new eunich, ready to work in the palace. I now realize how dangerous these fish are, and why the government banned the snakehead and why piranhas are illegal in some states.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
um fish keeper are the one that let them go so fish keepers are the ones to be blamed
It wasn't fish keepers who let snakeheads go. It was Asians who let them go for their religious beliefs as majority. You can find Northern snakeheads in Asian markets.

On other hand, Bulleye snakehead of Florida goes unnoticed for many years before their northern cousin invaded the United States and they hasn't attacking Floridians.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Solutions to US snakehead/silver carp problem:
1. Catch the fish and export them to Asia for consumption.
2. Forget Bassmasters, how about SnakeHead Masters? better for the enviroment and snakeheads are great fighting fish too.
3. Pet/Animal feed. If you truly love the enviroment, feed the cat silver carp flavored food instead of endanged tuna. Fishmeal is also a good source of protein for poultry/swine feed.

Or the easiest solution of all, Americans should just learn to eat them. if every american ate one of these fish a day, i can almost guarantee the problem will be fixed in a couple of years. cheers
Well there is a problem: the solutions are ALREADY happening and it's not even put a dent on the populations.

fish_sauce

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Taiwan
Has anyone see the X-Men trilogies? And also Wolverine movie, along with the cartoon and comic books? Anyways, snakeheads are like the "mutants" of the fish world. They are evolving into fish with super powers. Some can walk, others can teleport into different bodies of water, while others can even mentally control people. Dude, I've even seen one with claws coming out of its pectoral fins. They are taking over the US. Watch out!!!!!

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
This guy knows what he is talking about but he has to make it more interesting for ratings. Also it seems no one pays attention to the actual show. They do stretch the truth at times but he always tries to make the public realize these these animals aren't out to get you. I think he does have a true passion for fish.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
is this the same guy trying to seem like a badass by getting in a pool full of pacu?
LMAO yes its the same guy, I saw that episode haha it was so stupid.

Some girl at school asked me if I watched this show and I was like no I'm not going to waste 30 minutes watching some old pedophile feed the public lies about harmless fish, you want to learn about fish you visit my crib (of course I'm paraphrasing, there was some mild profanity...:grinno:)
seriously, those are true piranha!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store