Q8
That fish is so important to us that we have it on our new half kd note

Last edited:

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I am a big fan of fish. As a matter of fact, 5 days a week, after my morning workout, I have a can of sardines with egg whites, spinach and hot sauce. Salmon and haddock are typical, routine table fare for me. I've recently discovered baramundi, when a local grocery store started carrying frozen fillets, and it is fantastic! This local store also frequently carries fresh halibut, which I absolutely love, but at +$15 per pound, it is an occasional treat. I'm also a big fan of the local sunfish. Taste great, but requires quite a bit of work to clean. One particular fish, I've eaten at restaurants in past, that's outstanding is the warm blooded opah(ocean sun fish). Then there's the hideous monkfish, which is also excellent but really have to be fresh and cooked correctly to bring out the flavor.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Forgot my 2 other favorite fish: sole/flounder and tuna. I don't care for cooked tuna, but raw and dipped in soy sauce and wasabi.....oh yeah!!!

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
I went to NOBU in Vegas a few years ago.. We were able to try John Dory. They said they only get it in a couple times a year and usually sells out same day. It was excellent raw

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Asian carp (fried man) in a blind taste test it beat catfish,walleye and crappie.

As far as fish for body building; you get impressive LOOKING muscles BUT these muscles will be inferior to most other types (venison and chicken builds better muscle)

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Bluegills and crappies are my favorite. Raw mackerel is good also when I was fishing in Destin, Florida.

luvinbluegills

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
Pgh PA
That's a neat looking fish! I think that the next time I go shopping at an Asian market, I'm going to take the plunge and buy some of those fish. I've read that Clown Knife is very bony, so maybe I'll start with snakehead.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I know it's basic, but nothing so far has been better than cedar planked halibut with a garlic beurre blanc sauce for me.

I do want to try arctic char at some point, I hear very good things.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store