So what do you guys think?

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
You should check the bulb, that might even tell you what kind it is. But best guess would be power compact.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
But do they have one that is you know how there is a blue bulb I thinks it's UVB and a fluorescent white one do they make those into one bulb . The bulb I have is branded marine land natural daylight

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I think they do, but if your light only has one bulb in it then it definitely wont be strong enough for coral. I don't even think its strong enough for an anemone.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
But do they have one that is you know how there is a blue bulb I thinks it's UVB and a fluorescent white one do they make those into one bulb . The bulb I have is branded marine land natural daylight

They do but those are the power compacts. I'm thinking yours is just the straight fluorescent tube and they don't make those in 50/50. I still believe you can keep shrooms and zoas with that light because they like low light. You definitely won't be able to keep anemones though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
They do but those are the power compacts. I'm thinking yours is just the straight fluorescent tube and they don't make those in 50/50. I still believe you can keep shrooms and zoas with that light because they like low light. You definitely won't be able to keep anemones though.

Thanks ill have to buy a stronger light

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Since you said you don't want to spend a lot of money, I would just go with some type of power compact fixture. Are you looking for some type of kit so that you can install it in the canopy or a fixture that's already built that you can just set on top? I'm assuming that, since you have a couple chainlinks, that you're not going to keep sps so around 5 watts/gal is sufficient enough for softies.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
If you go to your local hydroponics shop you can find a cheap decent T-5 fixture, Im sure theres no difference between that and any regular T-5 system you would buy from your lfs. That should be strong enough for some more coral and maybe an easy anemone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store