Something is wrong with my flower

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
Leave the drip as is, test your PH now and tomorrow. If your PH changes at dramatic rate, then you either need to lower or increase your drip

With the higher temp, try to increase more oxygen exchanged by either air stone or powerhead to break surface tension...

stan again :)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I always crank the drip up at first sign of anything suspicious.....

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
flamenco-t;5123994; said:
Leave the drip as is, test your PH now and tomorrow. If your PH changes at dramatic rate, then you either need to lower or increase your drip

With the higher temp, try to increase more oxygen exchanged by either air stone or powerhead to break surface tension...

stan again :)
Is it possible to need to decrease drip?

I'll pick up another ph test kit tomorrow.

killarbb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
iowa
im with al. first sign of any appetite change i open the drip up. i normally drip 4gph roughly, sign of problems i open to about 10gph. i run it open for about 2 days.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Ok so i been watchen now for a bit some are sayen open up the drip because used up water ph drops dramaticley trev you say check ph before opening up???? would not a big water change have the same effect of dramaticly changing ph witn guys that do not drip????

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
I certainly wouldn't think your drip is too high, I would actually increase it a little. I just lost a female bdxleo pup that did the same thing. Appeared interested in the food but never really swallowed much. Your flower is awesome so best of luck to you.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I've just always gone with the drip assuming it's going to dilute the problem in my tank. Never had an issue questioning source. I know the water here is liquid rock but likely better then what's going on in my tank.

I'm under the assumption that most parasitic meds are relatively safe. Would it be a bad thing to maybe think of Metro as an option? I know many frown on the shotgun approach but if the stuff is safe then is a treatment really that big of deal if it is uneeded???? Maybe better safe then sorry?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store