South Africa-Restricted Species

TheRealMacDaddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2009
In my own little world
sailing_derrick;2046887; said:
Well silver arro's only, we are also not alowed anything that is endangered such as asian arro's:irked::irked::irked:. The list is 25 years ols i think, maybe its time for a re do or revision of it...
While the Arapima is listed, I saw no other Osteoglossidae ssp on the list (Osteoglossum, Scleropage or H. Nicolotis). The list may be out of date as you say, but if the new list still has this oversight, think how cool that Chili or XB Gold is gonna look in your tank.

molarista

Feeder Fish
Jul 31, 2009
PILIPINAS
dark_knights_99;2034146; said:
Well, at least you have a lot of fishes there and anubias plant.
good day!i finally saw an odd ball keeper:D bro just want to ask if its possible to add an elephantnose 4" and rainbow snakehead 4" in my tank with a hujeta barracuda 6",bgk 8",ornate dragon 6-8",spotted catfish 6",wood catfsh 3-4",african pike 10-12 ",pike cichlid 6-7"...:headbang2 maraming salamat....

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
Eric A;3173334; said:
Damn that sucks heaps. But it doesn't say anything about potomotrygon leopoldi.
I found that wierd also. They only say its illegal to have the most popular stingrays but they dont mention the rarer ones such as leo, hens, tiger, flowers, red retics, or jags

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
Nile Croc, perfectly legal..... Arctic Char, deliciously banned:screwy:

Nabbig2

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
California
swede;3345049; said:
true, but so are some of those species banned
Oh really? That's weird. Well I'm sure they must have some reason for banning those species, althought the validity of those arguments is up to one's discretion...

virgildonatifan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
south africa
I have fw shrimp that I'm keeping in SA. Had them imported from the UK. I have ghost shrimps and some amano shrimps and customs didn't give me any hassles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store