St datnoids

Lovethemfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2012
Maryland
The prices we talking for the $1000 range is old now.
It near impossible to import even a low grade st for under $1500.
If we get lucky we can find the right supplier who is willing to let go for low of a price for a extinct fish from the wild.
I would rather not import them and have them release them all back to the wild or until they have successfully breed them.

From the 2 guys I know that have them in Asia they now split them up to grade A and grade B to sell.

Even with the ct prices have gone up for them. That $100 per inch rule is only good for the fish that's already here in the states.
Any new ct or st imported prices will go up a lot.

Just a heads up for the datnoid lovers.

:)

Cherish our ct and st.

Lets hope they find a way to successfully breed these beautiful fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

addisonlee25

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2008
california
The prices we talking for the $1000 range is old now.
It near impossible to import even a low grade st for under $1500.
If we get lucky we can find the right supplier who is willing to let go for low of a price for a extinct fish from the wild.
I would rather not import them and have them release them all back to the wild or until they have successfully breed them.

From the 2 guys I know that have them in Asia they now split them up to grade A and grade B to sell.

Even with the ct prices have gone up for them. That $100 per inch rule is only good for the fish that's already here in the states.
Any new ct or st imported prices will go up a lot.

Just a heads up for the datnoid lovers.

:)

Cherish our ct and st.

Lets hope they find a way to successfully breed these beautiful fish.

So what can u get them for like you mentioned? I know you're not selling them yet, but when you do.

JsikM

Spotted Gar
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
Bay Area
Its crazy i have never even seen a ST in real life, only in pictures and videos, so i can only imagine the price being ridiculous lol

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
The price might be high for ya, but if you get the real fish we are talking about, they will fly out like hotcakes no matter the $$ I strongly believe

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
The price might be high for ya, but if you get the real fish we are talking about, they will fly out like hotcakes no matter the $$ I strongly believe
Really? How many people reading this thread can afford a fish that is over $1000? Not me! Sure he would sell a few, but quickly? I doubt it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Them there is the matter of getting the fish...If I'm not mistaken the vendor is on the east coast and most of those who would be willing to pay the,in his words,sky high prices, live across the country so they would have to have them shipped which is more expensive and risky with big dats.Heck,the vendor himself would be taking a big risk to bring the ST in.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It would actually be nice if they were recently wild caught as it would mean that there are some populations of them still out there but I doubt that the fish he can get are.I suspect the fish that are available to him have been in captivity for quite some time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store